Hi
Hello! My name's Erik, I'm joining the site after putting together a portfolio of funky comic style sf/fantasy illustrations this year, and want to produce stronger and more marketable work. Thanks a bunch, and namaste.

[Image: yQdKe86t.jpg]

[Image: 10mG3dtu.jpg]

[Image: 3VWAIavi.jpg]

Hi Erik!

Super cool. Hope you don't me asking, work marketable to whom though?

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! Hope you'll have a meaningful stay!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(08-24-2016, 01:37 AM)John Wrote: Hi Erik!

Super cool. Hope you don't me asking, work marketable to whom though?

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! Hope you'll have a meaningful stay!

Thanks, John. A most relevant question!

I've put together my budding portfolio just based off my interests, and now am trying to see where I might best target my work. Currently I lean towards trying scifi and horror comics like the Hellboy/BPRD milieu, or Avatar Press's stuff.

I like the content of gaming and card art, but doubt my quirky line style fits with the more painterly aesthetic I see in that work.

Hey welcome to Crimson Daggers Ekorsgaard :).

Those are some nice comic pieces right here - I really love the first one - it really tells a story :).

Looking forward to seeing your art journey on here :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(08-24-2016, 02:40 AM)ekorsgaard Wrote: I've put together my budding portfolio just based off my interests, and now am trying to see where I might best target my work. Currently I lean towards trying scifi and horror comics like the Hellboy/BPRD milieu, or Avatar Press's stuff.

Your inking reminds me a lot of Michael Avon Oeming's style!

Quote:I like the content of gaming and card art, but doubt my quirky line style fits with the more painterly aesthetic I see in that work.

There's no rule you can't learn a few painting tricks along the way! I started off the same comic book route. Pencil, inking, and dabbled a little on coloring. Love my stint in the funny books. But Daggers made me fall in love with painting. I never saw it coming.

Here's to pushing our crafts further! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead