Hey everybody
Hello to everyone.

I created my acount some time ago, but didnt actually have to time to properly say hi to everyone, so I want to do that now.

I am german and live in a small town in the southwest. I've been drawing in my younger years, but had a break for more than ten years until I discovered that I missed it. Thats been in 2013. Since then I tried to practice as often as work permitted, and I feel I have made a significant improvement since then.

Starting to paint again has totally turned my world around, I have quit my day job and will start to study in October. I hope this forum can help me to push to the next level and that I will meet lots of creative art-enthusiasts with whom I can share thoughts and insights, failures and frustrations.

I'll post some of my stuff in the thread, so y'all can see what I do. Feel free to critique if you want.

Looking forward to the coming Challenge in September,

all the best to all of you,

alginwe

Troubled Warrior

Studies for Into the Blast

Into the Blast

Hey Alginwe.

Quote:I will meet lots of creative art-enthusiasts with whom I can share thoughts and insights, failures and frustrations.

There's always the shoutbox to vent out or share experiences. Or the Discord app (Forth icon between the Hangouts and Crucible button). People here are generally nice! Feel less alone!

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! See you around the forums then?

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Hi, thanks for the welcome. Well, I think I'll be around. Since the company I applied to for making some quick additional income before university starts didnt respond until now I got some time on my hands for the next weeks. I am not the best when it comes to forum posts and it took me a ****load of courage to actually post the two images and the studies in my introductory post. But you got to start somewhere, dont you?
Welcome to the Crimson Daggers Alginwe :).

You've done some nice works there - the guy in Into The Blast has a really well rendered face :).

Looking forward to more from you - maybe startup a sketchbook?

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(09-01-2016, 07:00 AM)Artloader Wrote:  - maybe startup a sketchbook?

Hi Artloader.

Dont know. As I have said, it took lots of courage to post these two pieces, I dont even let my wife see the rough work... but I have had a look through yours... I really like your face studies. You are drawing after Loomis, arent you?

At the moment I try to learn Maya, so sketching is mostly only half an hour a day at the moment. I know I should paint more, but there is so much different stuff to learn. Sometimes its overwhelming :)

Thanks for the props regarding the face. It took me ages to finish that piece - I dont think 30 hours were enough... and I used some tricks for the face ;)