Hi!
Hi! I'm an an aspiring illustrator and Concept Artist. I've been drawing on and off since middle school but started taking practicing seriously around last winter. I like cool characters from manga like DBZ, Bleach, and Slam Dunk and would like to draw stuff that evokes that type of cool, adventurous feeling. I also really like blockbuster films like Star Wars as well as coming of age movies like the Breakfast Club.

I am currently conflicted about school since I found out about art as a job around second year so I switched to the closest thing to art at my school. I switched from Mechanical Engineering to Industrial Design. My classes aren't exactly what I want since its mostly model-making and takes up a lot of my drawing practice time. I'm stuck here right now as a third year and am waiting to graduate (which will take an extra year since I changed majors) so I can dedicate all my time to practicing and entering the industry. A bit confused on my path in life but am inspired to become as good as Dave. 

I currently have a few sites up
http://genosgrande.deviantart.com
http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17574

I can't really decide whether to use my username for everything and separate it from my real facebook and instagram or just connect everything and use my real name instead. Also I started my sketchbook on Sycra.net and don't really know if I should repost everything from there or just start from where I am now.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope to learn a lot from you guys!

Hello!

I wouldn't worry about your school dilemma. What people learn in industrial design is pretty much useful in art in general anyway!

Quote:I can't really decide whether to use my username for everything and separate it from my real facebook and instagram or just connect everything and use my real name instead.

Well, for one thing, if you have a screen name for your portfolio, it'll be a chore explaining and proving you're that guy. But some get away with it, like Artgerm for example. So again, not a big deal!

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(08-29-2016, 11:57 AM)John Wrote: Hello!

I wouldn't worry about your school dilemma. What people learn in industrial design is pretty much useful in art in general anyway!

Quote:I can't really decide whether to use my username for everything and separate it from my real facebook and instagram or just connect everything and use my real name instead.

Well, for one thing, if you have a screen name for your portfolio, it'll be a chore explaining and proving you're that guy. But some get away with it, like Artgerm for example. So again, not a big deal!

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers!
Yeah I guess it's helpful for design thinking and stuff but I just feel behind in my drawing skill already and class takes up so much time. 

So should I just make all my sites genosgrande and keep my portfolio as my real name? I'm emailing ppl looking for small jobs but I seem to have trouble finding a lot to keep emailing. What are people's methods of finding studios?

Welcome Genosgrande!

I took a look at some of your work, the pencil hatching is pretty awesome :).

Not sure whether it's best to use an alter ego name or your real name if you're after work, maybe one of the pro's around here can answer.

I use Artloader everywhere but I don't currently intend to work in this field.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your sketchbook :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(08-31-2016, 11:47 PM)Artloader Wrote: Welcome Genosgrande!

I took a look at some of your work, the pencil hatching is pretty awesome :).

Not sure whether it's best to use an alter ego name or your real name if you're after work, maybe one of the pro's around here can answer.

I use Artloader everywhere but I don't currently intend to work in this field.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your sketchbook :).
Thank you very much! I might just stick to Genos for now. I don't think it matters that much at my level but I always have stupid things like this in the back of my head.  I'll try to post as much as I can!