Criticism and help CHARACTER DESIGN
Hello, I'm here and this is my first character design. After studying some silhouettes, which is below:
[Image: oYTZLoK.jpg]

I chose are here:
[Image: mSrLQNR.jpg]

Well, I developed a drawing to help my idea (something I have to improve> drawing and anatomy) and will translate ideas:
[Image: AxbgA4r.jpg]
This character is an ancient civilization that has disappeared, who owned a large prehistoric technology.
This ball on top of the arch is a "divine light", which is the source of power of the character.
These spears are physical and spiritual protection, has an indigenous ornaments because she lives in the forest.
Well, tattoos are decorations same but has the meaning that it is a protective forest, a tribe that is good.

Okay, I made a pose sketches to see if the silhouette work and such, I chose the one in black at the end.
[Image: NH6DYzY.jpg]

And starting this, I started to paint. She is holding a leaf and looking at her because she has this connection to the forest.
[Image: 5zZGduO.jpg]

This is my final result and would like reviews, help and tips before I start giving color.
Anatomy tips, pose, finish and the universe of character same design, to see if I am in a way that functional and productive.
I hope you enjoyed and to post there, please hahah
Kisses, Mi.
Looks like you're working with a great process, really coming out with an interesting and unique design, design and ideas however are all you, nothing to advise on other then you do you.

The rest, your anatomy is coming along,just get some reference for the hands and feet to really examine how that look with arches and fat padding even on the most slender of appendages. Hands more so then feet in my opinion are just as important as the face and you should never be afraid to look at reference to really hammer out these parts, anatomy and the face are things we see everyday so we will notice any flaws in the construction of these things.

Pose wise its a nice neutral pose but perhaps try some gesture studies they will help you loosen the pose up and avoid that stiff feeling that can come across when the pose is too planned out, too stressed over, and if you can, try the pose yourself, maybe in a mirror to see if its comfortable and natural, I do this a ton, super awkward with 'sexy' poses.

I hope this has helped somewhat!

I cannot comment about the design, because I have a bad feeling my subjectivity would get in the way of your intent behind the drawing. So I'll try to be as objective as possible.

What's good about this, the anatomical proportions are pretty much there. Minor tweaking might be better. But you should take perspective into account. Speaking of perspective, here's a short list of things you should look out for..

I understand that my redlining looks a bit messy, shoot a reply if I need to be clearer.

That said, hope you take this to the finish and good luck!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(09-07-2016, 02:59 PM)Vandall Wrote: Looks like you're working with a great process, really coming out with an interesting and unique design, design and ideas however are all you, nothing to advise on other then you do you.

The rest, your anatomy is coming along,just get some reference for the hands and feet to really examine how that look with arches and fat padding even on the most slender of appendages. Hands more so then feet in my opinion are just as important as the face and you should never be afraid to look at reference to really hammer out these parts, anatomy and the face are things we see everyday so we will notice any flaws in the construction of these things.

Pose wise its a nice neutral pose but perhaps try some gesture studies they will help you loosen the pose up and avoid that stiff feeling that can come across when the pose is too planned out, too stressed over, and if you can, try the pose yourself, maybe in a mirror to see if its comfortable and natural, I do this a ton, super awkward with 'sexy' poses.

I hope this has helped somewhat!

woow, thanks for earful! i realy need to pay attention for feet! i don't like theirs because this is difficult for me, like hands. But they are very important. I will study more hehe :D and thanks again for help me (:
(09-07-2016, 05:04 PM)John Wrote: I cannot comment about the design, because I have a bad feeling my subjectivity would get in the way of your intent behind the drawing. So I'll try to be as objective as possible.

What's good about this, the anatomical proportions are pretty much there. Minor tweaking might be better. But you should take perspective into account. Speaking of perspective, here's a short list of things you should look out for..

I understand that my redlining looks a bit messy, shoot a reply if I need to be clearer.

That said, hope you take this to the finish and good luck!

Hmmm, you helped me a lot! Thanks so much, i can't sometimes see this things, like if the light is right and perspective. I will work more in this painting and after i will post here. But for hour helped me much, thanks again and your tips are good!
Don't mention it.

Slay it! You can do it!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead