Greetings!
Hello, my name is Lars and I'm striving to improve as an artist, though I really have no idea on how I should go about doing that (any tips or recommendations would be appreciated!)

I'm not really sure what sorts of works of mine I should post in this first thread, so I'll post a life drawing I did a few weeks back and a sketch I did pretty recently!

Hey Lars - welcome to Crimson Daggers :).

If you want to improve your figure drawing I would suggest starting with Andrew Loomis - Figure Drawing For All It's Worth which you should be able to find for free in pdf format in the public domain (just search for it).

I also recommend Proko's YouTube channel - I personally have benefited hugely from his mannequin figure construction videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV

And I recommend starting up a sketchbook thread - the folks on here are great and you will get some valuable feedback. Also get involved in other people's sketchbooks - I personally have found them to be a goldmine of information and motivation.

Good luck with your art journey :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(10-04-2016, 10:33 PM)Artloader Wrote: Hey Lars - welcome to Crimson Daggers :).

If you want to improve your figure drawing I would suggest starting with Andrew Loomis - Figure Drawing For All It's Worth which you should be able to find for free in pdf format in the public domain (just search for it).

I also recommend Proko's YouTube channel - I personally have benefited hugely from his mannequin figure construction videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV

And I recommend starting up a sketchbook thread - the folks on here are great and you will get some valuable feedback.  Also get involved in other people's sketchbooks - I personally have found them to be a goldmine of information and motivation.

Good luck with your art journey :).
Thank you for the kind response, Artloader! I'll try to set up a sketch book thread tonight, and I'll look into the recommendations that you have given me.
Hello Lars.

Nothing much. Just, welcome to the Crimson Daggers!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Smile 
(10-05-2016, 01:20 AM)John Wrote: Hello Lars.

Nothing much. Just, welcome to the Crimson Daggers!

Thank you for the welcoming, John!