Please allow me to introduce me.
Hello All,

My name is Eric and I'm a stay-at-home-dad and artist looking for new challenges. For most of my life I dreamed of being a comic book artist. For six years I sort of made that happen with self-publishing. Over the past few months, however, I slowly realized that I never really enjoyed making comics. I liked it, but I didn't love it. So, I decided to pick up digital painting as a way to maybe get into doing concept art for video games, which I do love.

I've only been painting for a couple months, but I want to do whatever I can to climb that ever growing mountain of "getting better" And hopefully, someday, make a living. My work can be seen on Artstation or my personal website 

Anyways I'm looking to dive in. Start a sketchbook, start doing some challenges and hopefully climb that mountain a lot faster. So here are a few of my favorite pieces, so far.

[Image: eric-weathers-hammond-jp.jpg?1475107822]

[Image: eric-weathers-elliott.jpg?1474648529]

[Image: eric-weathers-knight-color2.jpg?1477688804]
Hey welcome to Crimson Daggers Eric :).

Those are some stunning paintings you've done there!

Hopefully you will find that this corner of cyberspace is a great source of encouragement and knowledge to help you on your art journey.

I encourage you to start a sketchbook thread and get involved in the community.

Good luck :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

I started out in self publishing comics as well. Kindred spirit!

You're in luck. The Crimson Crucible challenge just started: https://crimsoncrucible.wordpress.com/2016/11/03/cc-07/

Probably best if you join in. It gets pretty active with getting crits, tips and advice from other participants while you work towards the final output. The hosts make it a point to shell out constructive criticism after all's been said and done.

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! Looking forward to seeing your sketchbook here!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead