Hi there!
Hey everyone,

I'm an artist from America, I'm 18 and I have dreams of going pro. My interests are illustration and concept art. I'm definitely not good enough to go pro but I really love art. I started drawing seriously about a year and a half ago. I'm currently looking for classes in my area but I'm not finding many, and with work and school, it's hard to find the time. My other passions are video games and music. My favorite artists are Ilya Kuvushinov, Ross Tran, and Zeronis. 

I'm super interested in improving my art as much as I can. I hope I can get some good feedback here. I struggle with anatomy, and I think that's because for the first several years, back when art was more of a hobby, I focused on drawing things that I liked from reference and only recently realized that "oh crap, I don't know any of the basics." As of right now, I'm focusing on just going hard on the basics and learning as much as I can. 

Thanks everyone and Nice to meet you!

Taunty
Welcome to the hidden guild known only as Crimson Daggers Taunty!

Here you will find fellow travellers quietly honing their craft - I encourage to start up a sketchbook thread and keep it updated as well as encouraging others where you can.

If you are focussing upon anatomy I would highly recommend you checkout Proko's YouTube channel if you haven't already:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV

Personally I learn from him as well as from Michael Hempton's book: Figure Drawing Design and Invention. I highly recommend them both.

Good luck!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hey there Taunty.

I second what Loader said!

About finding time. This is probably not the wisest or nicest advice you're going to hear, but to get where you want to be fast, you have to give up some of that recreational time (like video games, goofing off on the internet, going out) and dedicate yourself to the work.

Like I said, not the smartest advice. That ritual makes people prone to burnouts. Corny and repetitive as this may sound, balance is key!

Good luck! Have fun learning and welcome to the Crimson Daggers!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead