drawabox lesson 14 composition thumbs (paintover please!)
I'm pretty new at this, as you can see I'm just finishing up drawabox lessons and even though I know all the things at a theoretical level (cause I've been lurking in the shadows of concept-art for some time and I've read/watches pretty much all I could find) my paints on compositions are obviously beginner level, but I don't think that they're beyond being saved :D.

Would be awesome if anyone could do some paintovers on these! I'd really like to see how you would improve on them (if you can save them! hahah).

Thank you!

Attached Files Image(s)

Big Grin 
Hi Razvanc-r!
Nice job on the thumbnails! I don't really do well in composition but I thought it be worth a try to do an overpainting for your thumbs. I hope I somehow got the idea you're going for, but yea I'm pretty much just guessing. Haha. Anyways, I explained how I went about it in this video. I hope you don't mind haha I'm doing this to help myself improve explaining things verbally. Hope it helps you in any way!  Laugh

[Image: PBnGocp.jpg?1]

Hey @juelle, thanks, pretty sweet, thanks for taking the time to answer my post :-D. I find my thumbs lacking generally pretty badly :-D. I like the painovers, except the first :-P, I was going for a dynamic pose which you didn't capture in yours, other than that nice improvements! Will take a look at the vid later, when I get the time!

Thanks again! Have a nice weekend :-D

Excellent :D. Watched the video, I totally agree on 1 about where the guys are facing and the and about maybe placing them higher, I'll have to try that and see where it goes. I still think that your paint over looses the dynamism that I was going for though, other than that nice tips!

The second one, no :)) the guy, wasn't supposed to be a giant, but oh well... he was supposed to be some traveler or something that finally found the destination he was looking for, hence pointing :). I like how you add more depth through overlap though. Need to explore that some more.

And about the last, yes, totally agree, that place in the left/middle of the image is kind of lacking, something should be added there. Also I hate my clouds :D better practice those.

All in all nice tips! Thanks very much. Also digging the erotic music! But you might want to lower the volume of it a bit cause your voice is barely understandable at times :)

Thanks again!