Hello there!
Hi everyone!

My name is Razvan Preda, or just Razv for short. I am from Romania (somewhere in eastern Europe) and I'm a 26 yo amateur artist with dreams of becoming a pro and hopefully finding work as a concept artist and illustrator for the video games and film industries.

I graduated from an arts high school and went on to obtain a bachelors in Graphic Design (one of the worst choices ever considering I've been dreaming about becoming a concept artist for the past decade). I then spent a year studying Game Design & Development in the Netherlands, hoping that it would be my launching pad into the industry. Dropped out after one year, turns out the only thing they didn't much care about there was art. I am now back home, doing pretty much..nothing; currently trying the self-taught method, but I am lazy, easily distracted and have some difficulty focusing on art with some unfortunate personal circumstances getting in the way. I have a lot to catch up on my fundamentals (mainly anatomy, proportions, color, contrast)

I'm glad I found this community, even though I'm not yet familiar with how things work around here. I was listening to an interview with Alex Negrea (a fellow romanian artist) who said joining the Crimson Daggers was a very wise choice and it helped him grow into the amazing artist he is today; that totally convinced me to check it out, so here I am.

I'm very open to critique/advice/suggestions/tips, so please don't be shy about it. Give it to me straight.
Thank you for your time! 

Here's a link to my online portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/artist/razv_preda
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Razvan :).

You've got some nice work on your ArtStation!

I would have to agree with Alex Negrea, personally for me, this place has been a great source of inspiration, motivation and education to help me on my own art journey.

The best thing to do is start up a sketchbook thread and get involved with the community.

Good luck!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hello Razvan :D, I'm not far off either, I'm 29 and want to get into game dev. but for me is a bit more general because of my programming/physics background. I've been thinking of switching to game dev. for a long while now and just started to take it seriously a couple of months ago when I decided to "properly" self-learn drawing/painting (digital) :D. So here I am, I discovered this place a few weeks ago and it's been really great. I also know a couple of others that started with CD and they made it so in the end is just up to us to keep motivated and work on it until we get there, because the resources are there for the grab, the wonderful people are here to help so let's do ti! :)

Also, you say you have trouble staying focused, it might help to join the hangouts group/s at http://www.fusroda.com/hangout, you'll also find other Romanians out there, you can ask for opinions in real time, some might even do quick paint-overs etc. It's great!

Good luck!

(12-08-2016, 08:18 AM)Artloader Wrote: Welcome to Crimson Daggers Razvan :).

You've got some nice work on your ArtStation!

I would have to agree with Alex Negrea, personally for me, this place has been a great source of inspiration, motivation and education to help me on my own art journey.

The best thing to do is start up a sketchbook thread and get involved with the community.

Good luck!

Thank you for the warm welcome, Artloader! : ) 

I will start a thread in the sketchbook section and start posting various things that I'm working on. I'm really looking forward to getting involved with everything that is going on around here.

See you around!
(12-08-2016, 05:00 PM)razvanc-r Wrote: Hello Razvan :D, I'm not far off either, I'm 29 and want to get into game dev. but for me is a bit more general because of my programming/physics background. I've been thinking of switching to game dev. for a long while now and just started to take it seriously a couple of months ago when I decided to "properly" self-learn drawing/painting (digital) :D. So here I am, I discovered this place a few weeks ago and it's been really great. I also know a couple of others that started with CD and they made it so in the end is just up to us to keep motivated and work on it until we get there, because the resources are there for the grab, the wonderful people are here to help so let's do ti! :)

Also, you say you have trouble staying focused, it might help to join the hangouts group/s at http://www.fusroda.com/hangout, you'll also find other Romanians out there, you can ask for opinions in real time, some might even do quick paint-overs etc. It's great!

Good luck!

Hey Razvan! Nice to see a fellow romanian around here, especially one with the same name as mine, haha : )
I hope you find your way to the top in whatever you choose to pursue in the end and wish you the best of luck with it! Hopefully we can keep in touch around here.

Also, thanks for the tip regarding Fusroda! I had been browsing the platform for a while but never really took the time to properly explore it. I will definitely give it a go soon.

See you around!