Hello!!
Hey guys! 

I'm Gregor from the UK. I'm 32 and I've been working for a games company for 3 years now. I feel that my gestures and characters in general are still not as good as they should be. My goal is to use 2017 to teach myself how to draw characters in a semi realistic style (like Jim Murray for example) so I can use them for my paintings. 
Any advice is appreciated!
Welcome to the secret halls of the Crimson Daggers brave Gregor!

I encourage you to make yourself at home and join in with the other art adventurers here to hone their skills. I recommend starting up a sketchbook thread and posting your studies. This is a good way of getting valuable feedback on your progress.

If you are interested in improving your gestures and characters, one of the best free resources I've found is Proko's YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV

I have also studied from Michael Hampton's Figure Drawing Design and Invention and can highly recommend that too.

And Andrew Loomis' Figure Drawing For All It's Worth is also highly and widely recommended.

Good luck on your art adventures!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hello Greg.

You, being in a gaming company, maybe we can learn a thing or two from you. From the looks of it, a lot of members here are aspiring video game artists.

What a way to apply pressure to new members!

Looking forward to seeing your sketchbook thread! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Hey guys!
Thanks for the welcome and the recommendations!
Yes, Proko is really cool! I also got the Michael Hampton book. He's really amazing at describing shapes.
I'm going to start a sketchbook right away!

Let's see if you can learn something from me ;)