Hello peeps!
My name is Vlad and I am currently and actively learning how to draw at the age of 28.
My goal is to be able to design characters, environments and much more.
I love games, movies, shows, anime and traveling. (If I have the money lol)
I think the artist that really sparked my interest was  Hyung-Tae Kim. Something about his style really moved me.

Right now I am drawing primitive shapes and lines. I don't Know what a decent practice schedule looks like when drawing but I might come up something soon.

Another worry I have is when do I move on to drawing eyes and body parts...I don't know what the progression looks like.  Some say start now while I do the fundamentals and some say start later.  Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.
Hey Vlad, welcome to Crimson Daggers :).

Sounds like you want to be a bit of an all rounder with your art - same here - although I'm still really weak on enviros.

I hadn't heard of Hyung-Tae Kim before - but I just Googled him - awesome - I can see why he inspires you.

In terms of study schedule - my personal experience was that I usually start of with quite a right schedule but end up exploring off the track quite a bit which slows me down but also is great fun :). I think as long as you have a main focus - it doesn't do any harm to experiment with other stuff as long as you don't try to do too many things at once. Maybe just have one or two things to focus on at a time? Just my thoughts - but each of us needs to find our own path at the end of the day :).

Good luck :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hey Vlad.

Quote:I don't Know what a decent practice schedule looks like when drawing but I might come up something soon.

This is might be a good start to give you an idea on how people do their study schedule. http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4555.html

Quote:Another worry I have is when do I move on to drawing eyes and body parts...I don't know what the progression looks like. Some say start now while I do the fundamentals and some say start later.

Best not to worry about it. People who've been drawing for years still go back and study anatomy. It's a blade that needs to be sharpen constantly. I used to have that notion of needing a checklist of things to study to become an awesome artist. Every time I got them marked down, I always find my way back to studying them.

But then again, I am probably just an idiot!

Quote:Some say start now while I do the fundamentals and some say start later.

Here's a question. What are fundamentals?

My man! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate every bit of it! Also thanks for the study schedule

I guess fundamentals to me means shapes and lines since I am just beginning haha.
Alright then! Here's to seeing your work!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead