Digital
Just some fanart of Blaze the Cat

Sketch charcters practice and study

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Loving your lines! Very crisp and confident, really well done. The new lizard illustration is great as well, very good use of perspective and the figure's expression is on point! Keep up the great work!

(05-07-2023, 09:28 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Loving your lines!  Very crisp and confident, really well done. The new lizard illustration is great as well, very good use of perspective and the figure's expression is on point!  Keep up the great work!

Thanks, really appreciate it :)

Been about 2 month I haven't do any update

Fanart Rocket after watching Guardian Of Galaxy vol 3

This one I try using new technic after watching Nicholas Kole character design tutorial on domestika
Sketch

Final

Some practices and sketches

Personal project WIP

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Just an observation i think you shape could use a bit more size variation like example big head small body medium foot.My personal opinion is that your character are to balanced which create no visual hierarchy.You can also think of that in value term aswell mix with contrast to move the eye and create rhythm.

For the progression of the character think of a baby big head=1/2 the body, a teen(balanced) proportion,an adult find something of interest to exaggerate like maybe a big jaw or big hand etc.

iIN Case you never came across the principle you can learn more here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZluGXgpdJj4

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Thanks for the feedback, Darktiste. Really appreciate

Those lacking shape variation actually I'm aware and my biggest goal to try achieve that. But I'm still struggle to do those kind of variation exaggeration shape without breaking the proportion, at least for me. Actually the rat pup to adult, in the beginning I try to do different variation shape design on each rat but turn out the shape are all looks similar so I just put and make as the same rat. Lol.

I think I need to try studying other artist character design and try to break down their shape so I can learn how it works.

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

(07-25-2023, 11:06 PM)cicakkia Wrote: Thanks for the feedback, Darktiste. Really appreciate

Those lacking shape variation actually I'm aware and my biggest goal to try achieve that. But I'm still struggle to do those kind of variation exaggeration shape without breaking the proportion, at least for me. Actually the rat pup to adult, in the beginning I try to do different variation shape design on each rat but turn out the shape are all looks similar so I just put and make as the same rat. Lol.

I think I need to try studying other artist character design and try to break down their shape so I can learn how it works.

I would say no don't quit.Draw again the same character progression but push more the form where you feel and see what stick.What you need isn't found in other it found in your boldness to go outside your own ''sensibility'' but obviously inspiration won't hurt.

Maybe you don't want cartoon proportion really it not up to me to tell you.

For me it more important to build boldness early then to study from other and be overwhelm by something you don't have.Go and draw subject matter with excessively big head, hand,feet,body, a mix of big medium small you don't need them to be finish just looking like mannequin.

Here someone i recommend you study https://animationresources.org/pics06/re...mation.pdf you can zoom in for a better read.You can even download it for free if you really like what you see.The reason being is that personally i find similarity in your work and i think he can help you achieve a bit more boldness in your proportion.

My Sketchbook
Thank you again, Darktiste. That really gives me encouragement to do :)

Yea, you right. I need to give a go on this subject matter in order to expand on designing the character. That pdf you provide is really helpful. Thanks a lot for this. Gonna make some time to study this.

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

It's clear to me you enjoy doing work in this style, and it shows! Very vibrant expressions and excellent line work with your updates as always. Keep up the great work!

(08-04-2023, 01:25 AM)cgmythology Wrote: It's clear to me you enjoy doing work in this style, and it shows!  Very vibrant expressions and excellent line work with your updates as always.  Keep up the great work!

Thanks, man. Appreciate it :)

Lately I'm going back practice on traditional Gouache painting. 

Sometimes pencil and also lately I'm practice using waterbrush too

Other digital drawing, practice and perhaps doodle

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Finally have a chance to update

Some drawing during inktober 2023

Traditional

Digital

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

these are cute! Love the toad priest!

(12-02-2023, 03:10 AM)JosephCow Wrote: these are cute! Love the toad priest!

Thanks.

Update some drawing and sketches did on procreate

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Great updates as always. Loving the expressions on all of these, you really do a great job in general with them, it's very impressive.

(12-17-2023, 04:56 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Great updates as always.  Loving the expressions on all of these, you really do a great job in general with them, it's very impressive.

Thank you. Still wanted to improve more stretching exaggeration for better expression. 

BTW Happy New Year on year of dragon and some art from 2023  Party

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

While I appreciate garlic bread accompanying my pizza, I am concerned about the spaghetti parasite that appears to have hitched a ride...

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
I like the parrot piece i think it that level of finish that could work out well aswell as the more painterly lineless style.

My Sketchbook
(01-03-2024, 03:28 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: While I appreciate garlic bread accompanying my pizza, I am concerned about the spaghetti parasite that appears to have hitched a ride...
Lol. Yea, our local just love pizza accompany with spaghetti.  Tongue

(01-04-2024, 02:57 AM)darktiste Wrote: I like the parrot piece i think it that level of finish that could work out well aswell as the more painterly lineless style.
Thank you, Darkstiste. I personally would like to finish it in the future  Thumbs_up

Some sketches study and doodles on sketchbook

Some digital drawing

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Fantastic updates! Very solidly drawn and painted. I'm particularly impressed with how you handle expressions for your characters, they're very well done!