Orange Pekoe
Hey guys, pekoe here. \(^w^)/

My real name is Shen Jia and  once upon a time in a previous life, I've actually frequented here.

I hope that this forum can replace some other online communities that I'm addicted to, so I'm at least somewhat productive when I'm procrastinating from my drawings. Don't know if that makes any sense. :P

Looking forward to hanging out with all of you. 

Cheers! o(^_^)b
Hey welcome back Shen - how long has it been since you were last active on here then?

Good luck with being productive, I look forward to seeing your art :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hi Orange Pekoe,

I can tell you the very least, you will be productively procrastinating! Which I am sure I am also guilty of.

Hey man, aside from the forums, you can shout it out over at the shoutbox or on Discord (https://discord.gg/azX8fwT) if you want to have someone to talk to.

Well, no sense of welcoming you again! So I'll be seeing you around?

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Woops, forgot about this thread. xP

Yeah, I guess I'll try to be more productive, but I seem to have hard time remembering to visit this place. I have to remind myself once every few days that I was suppose to be committed into this community. Maybe there's some anime thread here? That should get me hooked as it is all I ever talk about (but I don't watch it anymore). :P
Hey Orange.

Quote:Yeah, I guess I'll try to be more productive, but I seem to have hard time remembering to visit this place.

Phrases like 'I guess' or 'I'll try' are a cop out. Find the word 'try' on your past posts. You might even surprise yourself it pops out ever so often.

Those phrases relieves you of certain things you don't want to be responsible for. Maybe the reason why you aren't productive is because you given yourself an out from the get go. By not being productive, you're already engaging with this self-fulfilling prophecy you setup for yourself. I can call you out for being unproductive, you can always answer me back with: 'well, I said I tried.'

How about instead of 'I try', use the phrase 'I'm going to'. Put your integrity at stake.

You came back to replace your other addictions. You came back hoping you'll going to get a semblance of productivity. I have to call you out on this now while you still got momentum on being productive.

Quote:I have to remind myself once every few days that I was suppose to be committed into this community

Probably it's better for you now to worry less about being committed to the community and focus on committing yourself to drawing. Commit yourself to making it a habit. If you really want to work in the industry (like you said you would in your old SB), you got to put in the hours. In the end, you're doing this for yourself.

I've seen your old sketchbook. That burst of productivity sandwiched in between a year of non-activity. I don't want to be that prick who calls you out on it. But I have to. You came back here for a reason, maybe it's high time to prove to everyone, especially to yourself, that this time you got what it takes to not let up on your craft.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(03-16-2017, 02:03 AM)John Wrote: Hey Orange.

Quote:Yeah, I guess I'll try to be more productive, but I seem to have hard time remembering to visit this place.

Phrases like 'I guess' or 'I'll try' are a cop out. Find the word 'try' on your past posts. You might even surprise yourself it pops out ever so often.

Those phrases relieves you of certain things you don't want to be responsible for. Maybe the reason why you aren't productive is because you given yourself an out from the get go. By not being productive, you're already engaging with this self-fulfilling prophecy you setup for yourself. I can call you out for being unproductive, you can always answer me back with: 'well, I said I tried.'

How about instead of 'I try', use the phrase 'I'm going to'. Put your integrity at stake.

You came back to replace your other addictions. You came back hoping you'll going to get a semblance of productivity. I have to call you out on this now while you still got momentum on being productive.

Quote:I have to remind myself once every few days that I was suppose to be committed into this community

Probably it's better for you now to worry less about being committed to the community and focus on committing yourself to drawing. Commit yourself to making it a habit. If you really want to work in the industry (like you said you would in your old SB), you got to put in the hours. In the end, you're doing this for yourself.

I've seen your old sketchbook. That burst of productivity sandwiched in between a year of non-activity. I don't want to be that prick who calls you out on it. But I have to. You came back here for a reason, maybe it's high time to prove to everyone, especially to yourself, that this time you got what it takes to not let up on your craft.

Alright then :D
(02-20-2017, 10:20 PM)Artloader Wrote: Hey welcome back Shen - how long has it been since you were last active on here then?

Good luck with being productive, I look forward to seeing your art :).

Quite a few years ago. I think it was when I started college 3 years ago?

The program I registered in wasn't really focused on developing art skills so I barely did anything for a few years. Did pick up some other interests and hobbies though and made some supportive friends. I'd like to think I've gotten 3 years wiser but my time management skills still suck haha. XD