Mariquo's Sketchbook
Introduction: Hello Crimson Daggers! I'm fairly new to art, and completely inexperienced in digital work. I have always liked drawing, but I've allowed envy to eat me up in the past, and I convinced myself I'd never improve. Now, I know how silly that was and that the only way to get better is to make mistakes! So here I am, at age 23, hoping to learn from my mistakes and put in time and dedication.

Current Goals: TBD

Tablet: Huion GT 220-V2 8192
Program: Krita

Welcome Mariquo, nice lines there, one thing I find very useful is to make sure you're thinking about the 3D form when you're sketching stuff, don't be afraid to sketch in some contour lines to help you visualise how the form is turning, or even sketch in the shadow pattern as well.

Check out drawabox.com if you have't already.

Hope that helps, keep pushing!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks so much for the reply, Artloader. I'll definitely try to incorporate some lines to show form for my own understanding. I think I see outlines and things, but imagining things as 3D, is still a challenge. I'll try to improve as best as I can. In the meantime, here's a little of what I was playing with today.

Did a bit of a master study to practice composition and keep me busy. It was fun, and I realize how little I know about drawing cloth. Any recommendations for learning how to draw folds would be great.

Quote:Did a bit of a master study to practice composition and keep me busy. It was fun, and I realize how little I know about drawing cloth. Any recommendations for learning how to draw folds would be great.

Doing a master study on a piece that got good cloth rendering is also a good way to go! I check out Sargent, Zorn or even Karla Ortiz before I render fabrics myself. Life study on fabrics can help a ton too, not just for observing folds but also how you render material as well.

Check this out: https://www.pinterest.com/source/beaubtiful.tumblr.com/

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead