Cherrycat's sketchbook (beginner)
Not necessarily new here because I had an account a long time ago, but unfortunately I forgot my old username so I'm making a fresh start.

The mid term goal I'm working on is understanding basic fundamentals, the long term goal is getting out of the beginner zone. And my longest term is to just become a good artist and hopefully maybe make a job from it.

I want to make efficient gains this time instead of going all crazy about time and how fast I need to complete things; this was my biggest reason that I stopped for a few months.
But I changed since then (like getting a job etc.) and I hope that I can become better this time.
Here's some copies I did today.

[Image: tumblr_ovze5rHryl1wyq2gzo1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ovze5rHryl1wyq2gzo2_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_ovze5rHryl1wyq2gzo3_1280.jpg]

Also sorry for the blurryness, I don't have experience with jpeg. I'll resize/save my scans in png next time for sure.
Right now I'm going over lines, basic form, and perspective.
[Image: tumblr_ow0n5kDIaD1wyq2gzo1_540.png][Image: tumblr_ow0n5kDIaD1wyq2gzo2_1280.png][Image: tumblr_ow0n5kDIaD1wyq2gzo3_1280.png]the 2nd pic is based off a hand that Bridgeman drew.
I decided to start off with Bridgeman because how he draws anatomy is different to me, making me more incline to copy and memorize it rather than using the information I already have.
I've done 4 while looking at reference, I plan to do 18 of them and do another 18 but out of memorization. It was a technique that the creator of the forums (I think) used in the beginning to get better.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi. Just in case you haven't checked this out, here's Dorian Iten's Accuracy guide. http://www.dorian-iten.com/accuracy/

It helped me a lot through copying stuff. It has a lot of pointers on how to observe. Someone had that linked to me for almost a year now and to this day I still have to go back to that and take a quick browse through.

Good luck with the progress!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(09-10-2017, 12:59 AM)John Wrote: Hi. Just in case you haven't checked this out, here's Dorian Iten's Accuracy guide. http://www.dorian-iten.com/accuracy/

It helped me a lot through copying stuff. It has a lot of pointers on how to observe. Someone had that linked to me for almost a year now and to this day I still have to go back to that and take a quick browse through.

Good luck with the progress!

Thank you John.
I will look into it later on. Currently I'm reading Right side of the Brain and Keys to Drawing.
[Image: tumblr_ow4cp8S7Fl1wyq2gzo1_1280.png][Image: tumblr_ow4cp8S7Fl1wyq2gzo2_1280.png][Image: tumblr_ow4cp8S7Fl1wyq2gzo3_1280.png]

things I did this morning.
Yes, keep it up dude, keep drawing, observing, analyzing, understanding !!! it's the best way to become good !

(09-12-2017, 05:21 AM)kikindaface Wrote: Yes, keep it up dude, keep drawing, observing, analyzing, understanding !!! it's the best way to become good !

Thank you. I saw your sketchbook thread from earlier and I liked pretty much everything about it, the lines and the accurate realism especially.
I aspire to get to your level some time in the future.

I'll have somethings to post by the end of today.
I was mostly drawing doodles because I needed a small break.
sorry I fell asleep last night as I was scanning what I drew.
[Image: tumblr_owa7touHqT1wyq2gzo1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_owdhhyWCGp1wyq2gzo3_1280.png][Image: tumblr_owdhhyWCGp1wyq2gzo2_1280.png]starting to do these out of memory
[Image: tumblr_owdhhyWCGp1wyq2gzo1_500.png]

I'm gonna start picking 2 other subjects as well as trying to memorize a bit of everything (anatomy mostly) in the future so I won't stick to one thing forever.
I'm also going to try to apply the line ghosting I've practiced before to my studies.
Sorry, I was busy for a week related to work outside of art.
Also I've been looking into 3D modeling(something I want to do in the future)

right now I'll focus on drawing but also try to do 3D modeling on the side. 
[Image: tumblr_owr9abD7ty1wyq2gzo1_540.png][Image: tumblr_owr9abD7ty1wyq2gzo2_1280.png]

these were from September 16th.
[Image: tumblr_owu62uowiT1wyq2gzo1_1280.png][Image: tumblr_owu62uowiT1wyq2gzo2_1280.png][Image: tumblr_owu62uowiT1wyq2gzo3_1280.png]
I find the child(?) at the bottom of your previous post quite adorable. Is he/she a character of yours or were you just sketching?

Good luck with your progress!
(09-26-2017, 05:19 AM)Incho Wrote: I find the child(?) at the bottom of your previous post quite adorable. Is he/she a character of yours or were you just sketching?

Good luck with your progress!

thank you!
I was just sketching, I never created a character before.
I apologize for not posting.
I've been working on my art but I've also been busy since the last month so I couldn't scan everything I drew.

[Image: tumblr_oxt7qzRsDm1wewbl2o1_1280.png]
this is referenced from the first few image searches on google when you search knight armor

I started working on values as well as keeping up with forms and planes.
hoping to be able to paint and sketch digitally someday but I want to be more advanced in traditional first.
Love the facial variations you were trying out.
I loved drawing on the right side of the brain! It's so vital to first just learn to see what's in front of you!

As you move from there to perspective and anatomy, it will get easier to make artistic edits to what you see, as you'll start to understand and simplify 3D forms so you can draw them from different angles and such.

Sketchbook

I really advice you check http://drawabox.com what i really like about this site is it cover all the basic to be able to draw almost anything by working on the fundamental.Why i really recommend it because it doesn't only offer theoric gemstone it also have well explain exercise that you should read and take note from.Don't forget to apply what you learn by doing the homework.Hope you give it a try you won't regret it

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.