KBarr's Sketchbook
Hi! It's been a while since I've posted anything anywhere and I've wanted to get serious again with improving my artwork. I've been keeping to myself for the past few years and would really like be a part of a community again and interact with other artists. 

I'm mostly an environment guy but for the rest of the year I decided to narrow my focus to study anatomy and character design. Right now I'm taking analytical figure drawing class at cgma and will try to get some character designs during the little free time I have left. 

Here are some gestures in the meantime. I feel like I'm getting better at them the more I do them. I'm really trying to focus on getting the the different parts of the body to flow together but some poses can be really tricky. Feel free to drop any comments and critiques!

Welcome to CD! Your figures look great. Really dynamic but also not lacking structure. Now im really excited how your enviroments look O.O

(10-31-2017, 04:30 PM)NoodleInBox Wrote: Welcome to CD! Your figures look great. Really dynamic but also not lacking structure. Now im really excited how your enviroments look O.O

Thanks Noodle! I added some of my links to my signature so you can check them out (though most aren't very recent).

---

Here are some more gestures and also some sketchbook studies from Joe Weatherly. I'm doing the gestures untimed to get more familiar with the process and to really dissect the my line decisions. Def not there yet but happy with the progress. I have a bunch more I need to upload as well as constructions of the figure which I'll get around to uploading once I get more consistent posting here! 

Really focusing on studies so far but would like to get around to creating a character design next week to apply what I've learned.

Getting looser and more economical with the gestures as well as adding in the construction for the class I'm taking. Compiling all this stuff onto a page is taking a lot of time and I still got more I need to piece together. I feel like I'm getting more confident in my anatomy and proportions but still haven't really applied to any of to my own work. Too focused on getting the assignments in on time.

Should I be reducing my image sizes? I feel like they are a big too large atm. Would like some opinions!

Here's some heads constructions along with some torso anatomy. Need to put in a lot more time with the heads and I'm noticing my serratus muscles are a little small in general. I'll come back to working on my heads once this course is over. The workload just keeps getting larger and larger that I'm having little free time.