Miguel's Sketchbook
Hey guys! Long time from my last update, i've been doing a bunch of stuff but recently i have decided to do color studies everyday, have been avoiding it for a while but here we are haha, still a long way to go but it is fun as hell :D

First color study ever lol.
[Image: 8gPj8K8.jpg]

[Image: KTromtZ.jpg]

[Image: XixBzj3.jpg]

[Image: EjCc25y.jpg]

[Image: 2rQ3xI4.jpg]

The last one that i've done
[Image: bkmBwe8.jpg]

Take care everyone!

Another one! These last week i have been doing a lot of these color studies, plan on doing them throught the year, they are so much fun haha. 

Take care everyone!

[Image: hk2ZXgh.jpg]

Here is one more! Gaining more confidence everytime i finish one, hope that in the weekend i can finish one illustration for myself [Image: anj_happy.gif]

Cheers .

[Image: 8q6iqkv.jpg]

One more piece! I have been trying some new brushes, it is really interesting how different brushes work, i'm learning new things with each new piece that i make.

Have a great day everyone! :)

[Image: Mshfmeu.jpg]

Hey everyone!! It has been over a year since i posted here! haha, time flies so fast and life happens. Hope everyone is burning those pencils! 

Been doing some drawing about marvel characters since the new Avengers movie is coming out. 

Hope everyone has a great day! :D

[Image: cBhs3CZ.jpg]

[Image: 4zUJIYv.jpg]

You will have to post the progress you made in regard to armor rendering see where you at now.Btw welcome back

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(03-24-2018, 05:41 AM)darktiste Wrote: You will have to post the progress you made in regard to armor rendering see where you at now.Btw welcome back

Thank you!! I'm happy to be back (a month later) hahaha. About the rendering of the armor, that was just a drawing without much thinking into it. 

I have been doing some drawings of the marvel characters since the new movie is coming, wanted to do a lot of them but between work and life, didn't have much time to work on. Here are two more at least :) 

[Image: XNFUKZJ.jpg]

[Image: v0ra5Ue.jpg]

Personnaly i prefer the looser look idk why.Don't let that limit you it just my opinion there a energy that is not there in those marvel sketch.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(04-26-2018, 03:26 PM)darktiste Wrote: Personnaly i prefer the looser look idk why.Don't let that limit you it just my opinion there a energy that is not there in those marvel sketch.

Thanks! That looser look is more of my personal work, to be honest i do not much enjoy drawing other characters, i have more fun drawing characters that i create.

These pasts days i have been pushing myself to study after work, just 2 hours in order to improve my anatomy and figure drawing. I hope to push those hours to 4 but first i wanna get momentum.

Here are so far some sketches and notes.

[Image: OqEg8ly.jpg]
[Image: mcBcTiX.jpg]
[Image: WLQK1zC.jpg]
[Image: dV1mUBW.jpg]
[Image: VVSlEjw.jpg]
[Image: 5pHmadw.jpg]
[Image: Ijr33CW.jpg]
[Image: phiplUA.jpg]
[Image: BKa1MfV.jpg]
[Image: 7wgDke6.jpg]
[Image: 1ftzrLl.jpg]
[Image: pnhC5Th.jpg]
[Image: ovf2T21.jpg]
[Image: 3uiSz3I.jpg]
[Image: FOrKvzT.jpg]
[Image: NT0LQdv.jpg]
[Image: IgGN7np.jpg]
[Image: SsgwTHu.jpg]
[Image: rBvi7N4.jpg]
[Image: bphM9G5.jpg]

More studies!! Feeling that i'm starting to learn a bit more about the anatomy and structure, here are some drawing from the past few days.

[Image: rQhhsj6.jpg]

[Image: pL9UHbG.jpg]

[Image: 8TomBf0.jpg]

[Image: v1tEXvq.jpg]

[Image: wDm4tEq.jpg]

[Image: tUkRH13.jpg]

[Image: 9YgBgoD.jpg]

More studies/drawings from the past days! Sometimes it gets so tedious lol.
Keep going everyone! :D

[Image: kfkK0c7.jpg]

[Image: jdfa9c0.jpg]

[Image: vZiQ5mM.jpg]

[Image: 6bsBjBS.jpg]

[Image: OJWl3Jq.jpg]

[Image: 6oia7j9.jpg]

[Image: GR9nO4h.jpg]

[Image: 4lC352w.jpg]

[Image: Avdr9H9.jpg]

[Image: 7VQDVmJ.jpg]

[Image: OBMScUC.jpg]

[Image: V2k1sc2.jpg]

[Image: XppLhfx.jpg]

[Image: t0b95zM.jpg]

[Image: gedgXjw.jpg]

[Image: ZisxhPW.jpg]

[Image: nKnQS7M.jpg]

[Image: pouPAk2.jpg]

[Image: 9gNQ0EF.jpg]

[Image: tehtPxf.jpg]

[Image: RdHBHNr.jpg]

[Image: ACQ2kTe.jpg]

[Image: x595Q6x.jpg]

[Image: a8kzWLa.jpg]

[Image: 5quP055.jpg]

Whoa your figure drawings and studies are great! You've improved so much since 2017!

Taking a look at your color studies I would pay more attention to color temperature and saturation. The subtle shifts between things in light and shadow make a hell of a difference in a painting. An easy way to gauge it is that anytime your paintings feel muddy, there's something wrong with your color temperatures. Even if it's not represented in the photo you're studying, feel free to adjust the colors in your painting to help the image read better
(05-11-2018, 06:17 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Whoa your figure drawings and studies are great! You've improved so much since 2017!

thanks man!! Really appreciate it!

(05-26-2018, 01:29 AM)yangdaniel027 Wrote: Taking a look at your color studies I would pay more attention to color temperature and saturation. The subtle shifts between things in light and shadow make a hell of a difference in a painting. An easy way to gauge it is that anytime your paintings feel muddy, there's something wrong with your color temperatures. Even if it's not represented in the photo you're studying, feel free to adjust the colors in your painting to help the image read better
Thanks for the detailed comment!! Those were really my first colors ever so i didn't know what i was doing hahaha. Will keep this advice in mind when i start doing them again! Thank you!

Hey everyone! Here are some more studies from the past week. Focusing a lot on construction, i think i'm starting to feel a bit more confident in this matter. Have a great week! 

[Image: moobOSI.jpg]

[Image: RS4TPFz.jpg]

[Image: gbJhXcY.jpg]

[Image: wpulW5s.jpg]

[Image: dNKp8mc.jpg]

[Image: 4x1Rf1C.jpg]

[Image: jTI9LJT.jpg]

[Image: e4Ac9aG.jpg]

[Image: HGTTXKH.jpg]

[Image: b4b9a15.jpg]

[Image: BcjszxK.jpg]

[Image: CnQ6PEY.jpg]