edd sketchbook
Hello everyone ! .
So here is my first post, some of the "finished" things i have done.
Hopefully I will get better as time moves forward :)

The side of the head is less spherical than that.Here something to help you construct a head.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Hi, edd! Welcome to the forum.

I'd like to suggest a few areas for you to study.

Since you seem to be painting a lot of faces, check out the Asaro head. Do some drawings/paintings of it and try to memorize it. Having it in your head, at least to some extent, will help with all your heads and faces down the road.

Think of things as forms, planes, occupying space. Check out drawabox.com to see what I mean and some exercises you might go through later.

Think about how the light and surface of things interact, as in the fall off of light, where the light is blocked. In general, learn all the lighting factors and use them in your images. Read the three pages here http://www.huevaluechroma.com/021.php

Learn to measure and copy from a reference really well. You might be able to do this already, but I think I didn't see that above. It's a necessary evil to be able to copy, even if it's not the end goal we have as artists.

(06-27-2018, 04:04 PM)darktiste Wrote: The side of the head is less spherical than that.Here something to help you construct a head.

Hello darktiste!

Thank you for taking the time on critiquing my work, i appreciated.
It is a good tip to take in consideration whe drawing heads.

Thank you!

P.D. If you think I can help you with something just hit me up

Cheers!
(06-27-2018, 04:07 PM)ThereIsNoJustice Wrote: Hi, edd! Welcome to the forum.  

I'd like to suggest a few areas for you to study.

Since you seem to be painting a lot of faces, check out the Asaro head. Do some drawings/paintings of it and try to memorize it. Having it in your head, at least to some extent, will help with all your heads and faces down the road.

Think of things as forms, planes, occupying space. Check out drawabox.com to see what I mean and some exercises you might go through later.

Think about how the light and surface of things interact, as in the fall off of light, where the light is blocked. In general, learn all the lighting factors and use them in your images. Read the three pages here http://www.huevaluechroma.com/021.php

Learn to measure and copy from a reference really well. You might be able to do this already, but I think I didn't see that above. It's a necessary evil to be able to copy, even if it's not the end goal we have as artists.

Thank you for putting your time on reviewing my stuff. Defenitely the asaro head and seeing the blank sheet as an infinite 3d space is a game changer. The first paintings are some old ones , and the last two i was jus stressed out and wanted to express. I definitely will have in mind these tips for the next painting. 
There are a lot of things to learn . 

Thank you for the resources I will try to check them out as soon as I can.

Thank you again, if there is anything I can do for you, just hit me up.

Cheers!