Monica's Sketchbook
How's it going, everyone. 

Gonna get a sketchbook started. Don't have anything too recent that I'd like to share as far as observational drawing goes, so have a bunch of sketchbook pages from last year when I was living in Japan.  The goal here was entirely to fill up sketchbook pages, not worry about the quality of each drawing or "learning enough" from each study. I try to keep art relaxing and enjoyable, because I burnt out my first year in college from going too hard and needed several years for a break. Live your best life, dudes. Art is a long game. 

[Image: tumblr_pb28hg8YIZ1ruzkxio4_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_pb28hg8YIZ1ruzkxio1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_pb28hg8YIZ1ruzkxio2_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_pb28hg8YIZ1ruzkxio3_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_pb28hg8YIZ1ruzkxio5_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_pb28hg8YIZ1ruzkxio6_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_pb28hg8YIZ1ruzkxio7_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_pb28hg8YIZ1ruzkxio8_1280.jpg]

I unintentionally lost another 2 kg (about 5 pounds) in the past month due to stress and not eating enough, so I'm going to log my food as well. I need about 1800 calories a day and I've only been getting about 1400. 

Today's breakfast is 3 fried eggs, bok choy with garlic and lots of sesame oil, and coffee with four tablespoons of heavy cream. An obscene amount of heavy cream. I love it.

Also, Shanghai summer is hell but their bubble tea is delicious.
Well atleast you got a breakfeast that great to start the journey.Question is do you take the time to eat the other meal... other than that i think drawing can teach you how to discipline yourself but drawing is also dangerously addictive for some an it can prevent some of us from eating well.It important to have a few snack availble. I recommend that you be be strict in the hour where you eat so that it become an habit.Best thing you can do if you move alot is to make your own launch.It hard thing to do but if you prepare the launch yourself you can cook the same thing for a few extra meal in advance instead of cooking the same thing twice.Also welcome to crimson daggers.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Good stuff Monica, keeping things light hearted and fun should help with consistency and for me consistency is key, doing a little but often will build up into something huge over time.

Well done for posting, I'm loving the fact that you're posting your meals too :).

Keep going!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hey, guys. 

This week's been hectic. We started a new intensive summer course schedule that has me working some 12 hour days. I love my students, but I'm learning that time management is definitely a weakness of mine. I can waste hours doing nothing while not working and then look at the clock and wonder where the time went.

I spent most of today writing up a tentative schedule for the week (I've included my 1 hour commute in with "work"): [Image: tumblr_pbfq214i9Z1ruzkxio1_540.png]

Obviously this is subject to change, and I've been using Toggl all day to track what I'm actually doing with my time. 

As far as art goes, not much to see. All I could do this week was part of a page of doodles:
[Image: tumblr_pbfq214i9Z1ruzkxio2_r1_540.jpg]

I fell off the wagon for meal tracking but today's breakfast was coffee with heavy cream and lunch was bibimbap (delicious). Haven't decided on dinner yet.  Yesterday was coffee for breakfast, baozi and noodles for lunch, grilled cheese for a snack, and instant noodles for a late dinner. Lots and lots of carbs, need more protein. 

That's all for now. Back to the grindstone.