looking for critique/feedback

this is one of my first still life paintings in watercolor,i only recently started learning it and i'm looking for some critique
It looks quite nice. I don't know that much about watercolor to be honest. But I will say that some parts feel pretty greyed and desaturated. It could help to lay some very clean tints for the brighter colors like the orange and red of the light parts, and then key things off of that. I know it's easy to get the colors bleeding together . I would also maybe make the shape of the shadow on the orange more distinct, it's kind of unclear what is in shadow and what isn't. The reflected light is pretty light which kind of adds to that confusion. Usually oranges are hard to tell exactly where that line is, but unifying that shape would add a lot of structure.

I think it's pretty impressive overall though!

(09-03-2021, 07:38 AM)JosephCow Wrote: It looks quite nice. I don't know that much about watercolor to be honest. But I will say that some parts feel pretty greyed and desaturated. It could help to lay some very clean tints for the brighter colors like the orange and red of the light parts, and then key things off of that. I know it's easy to get the colors bleeding together . I would also maybe make the shape of the shadow on the orange more distinct, it's kind of unclear what is in shadow and what isn't. The reflected light is pretty light which kind of adds to that confusion. Usually oranges are hard to tell exactly where that line is, but unifying that shape would add a lot of structure.

I think it's pretty impressive overall though!
thank you!Maybe putting in very bright saturated colors in the first wash wet on wet could help?