Jerry's Sketchbook ( Noooobie )
Hey everyone, So basically i started drawing seriously about a month or 2 ago When i said to myself

" im going to learn anatomy "

then i realised i had no idea about perspective, form, light sources.. pretty much anything.
so heres my progress so far :)

also note, these sketches are all from a folder dump so im not 100% if they are in chronological order

a little still life i tried to do

Attached Files Image(s)

Jerry, good to see you posted you stuff, keep working on!!

thanks Isra ! That piece from the photo last night you did was amazing man ! it was really really good
loomis heads

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, not bad! one month after I took drawing seriously, my work looked nothing like that. It is good that you came to the realization to learn anatomy so early.
If you keep it up you will make huge improvements in no time :)

One Tip: from your sketches I couldn't really see if you just drew everything from scratch or used some reference lines - like if you're drawing a head you first draw a circle and lines for where the eyes are and such. It really helps in the beginning and makes life a lot easier.

(05-17-2012, 08:24 PM)Saraiza Wrote: Wow, not bad! one month after I took drawing seriously, my work looked nothing like that. It is good that you came to the realization to learn anatomy so early.
If you keep it up you will make huge improvements in no time :)

One Tip: from your sketches I couldn't really see if you just drew everything from scratch or used some reference lines - like if you're drawing a head you first draw a circle and lines for where the eyes are and such. It really helps in the beginning and makes life a lot easier.

thank you ! i do actually use them. but im still not very good haha

Another Loomis cartoon

Attached Files Image(s)

Another character from the loomis book !

Attached Files Image(s)

Not very exciting, but just more learning :)

[Image: stilllife.jpg]

[Image: Sketchbook4.jpg]

[Image: sketchbook3.jpg]

[Image: Sketchbook2.jpg]

[Image: Sketchbook1.jpg]

[Image: Figurestudies.jpg]
Just some painting practice and loomis Practice. Not very exciting but making sure i stay active with my learning :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Zzz more practice. Just trying to get a better penmanship with line weights and such

Attached Files Image(s)

Today was a big learning curve ! i was introduced to Values, having no real understanding of how they worked previously. so i did some studies to practice them, they are all abit ' iffy ' but hopefully ill get better over time :)

[Image: valuestudyagain.jpg]

[Image: Valuestudyyetagain.jpg]

[Image: Valuestudys.jpg]
Keep it up man, practice makes perfect!

Thank you :) ill keep pushing
errrdayy im sketchillingg, Here some stuff from last 2 days. Not very exciting but the more i post the more it feels like im actually practicing , <3

[Image: MANIKENSTUDY.jpg]
[Image: Sketchbookupdate2.jpg]
[Image: Sketchbookupdate.jpg]
[Image: trollman.jpg]
[Image: gesturestudies.jpg]
[Image: sketchbookupdate1.jpg]
Woke up and did some more gesture drawings, i think im going to get in the habit of doing them every day ! they are nice to warm up my brain in the morning but also there fun !

today i spent a long time just drawing basic shapes, Trying to learn what things look like as they rotate, change angle, come closer and go further away. Like legs arms or fingers, wansnt worried about anatomy or proportions. Just trying to understand how the shapes look so i can begin to build my figures ! I also did a quick painting study, about 3 hours to try and learn about values. Unfortuantley the eyeball looks a bit boogley but i still learn a ton about value range !
Thanks for looking in :)

[Image: sketchbook3-1.jpg]
[Image: sketchbookupdate1-1.jpg]
[Image: sketchbookupdate2-1.jpg]
[Image: valuestudy.jpg]
Here is some stuff from today, I know its not very interesting yet but give me time guys and ill do some cool stuff ! :)

Things learnt today
- Introduction to female and male Proportions
-Painting from abstract. Just messed up the canvas with a brush then made something from the changes in value and sculpted the forms

[Image: sketchbook2-1.jpg]
[Image: SKethcbook1.jpg]
[Image: weird.jpg]
Phew, I drew quite abit today but for some reason it looks like nothing :S
Maybe im just unproductive for the amount of time spent! but ill work on this.
Had a look into some Bridgeman things today. But tomorrow i will maayyybee do more loomis, not sure. One thing for sure though is that im leaving the house tomorrow. I think ill just get my Sketchbook and go to the park and draw things, need to do some fun drawing.

I desperately want to learn to draw and pose the figure from my imagination more then anything but i cant go to any life drawing classes because of money and availability. But i might just strip down and stand in front of a mirror and sketch. Can that still be effective ?

Finally i started a painting tonight but i think i was abit ambitious with my reference material and it failed hard, so tomorrow ill go back to painting something simple again.

Learned today
Introduction to upper body anatomy and basic understanding of bone structure from chest to pelvis

Thanks for reading this if you stopped by my sketchbook <3

[Image: sketchbook2-2.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook1-1.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook3-2.jpg]
[Image: sketchbook4-1.jpg]
okaayy update !
so i went to my town library and started to draw people. I found one guy that had fallen asleep and started to sketch him but he woke up half way through :( it was actually really fun though. I also just wanted to draw something that took a little longer, so i did the mannequin on my desk

learned today:
Life drawing is fun !
Learned a ton about rendering value with a pencil

[Image: sketchbook1-2.jpg]

[Image: sketchbook2-3.jpg]

[Image: study.jpg]
I think anatomy is a good general area to study and practice, I should really get to doing more myself honestly ha, Looking forward to seeing more.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

i need to learn to draw in general , so may aswell build the rendering skills with the anatomy skills ;) ! haha

thanks !