Hello
Hi there,

Art newbie here. I found these forums after hearing about them on Dave Rapoza/Dan Warrens's twitch stream. I've been drawing and digital painting as a hobby for about 4 years now and I'm try seriously to get better now. Hopefully to get good enough to get into the illustration or concept art industry at some point (that's still quite far away right now).

Up to now my experience has mostly been with figure drawing and some perspective, mostly with traditional media. Recently though I'm trying to learn digital painting and realistic lighting and rendering with schoolism and gnomon videos. My major weakness is that I spend a lot of time studying but rarely apply the studies to create finished pieces because they look so bad that I quickly get discouraged and think I need to "get better" before I can start creating stuff. I'm hoping that joining these forums will motivate me to push past the failures and finish more pieces.

I don't really have a online presence at this point (hoping to change that soon) so I'll just post a lighting study I'm working on at the moment (the bounce lights and secondary lights might be a bit over done..).

I'll try and start a sketchbook thread and post a few more stuff in the near future.

Thanks for reading =).
Nice to meet you tchang, I'm new here too but I'm pretty sure there's a significant skill gap between us. Even though you're only rendering primitive shapes they look so nice and realistically lit!
Hi HorsesSayQuack nice to meet you and thanks for the compliment! That rendering literally took me hours and many, many layers to do but its actually not so hard when you know the basic principles and are familiar with the digital tools. Now rendering an actual environment that realistically..well that's out of my skill level for now.
Welcome to Crimson Daggers TChangChang :).

Nice lighting study, very smooth rendering :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

We are a support service provider who will consider all your queries and provide you with relevant solutions. All the queries related to your AVG Login, BT Mail GPS navigation device, McAfee antivirus, my drive connect software, Navigon Fresh, Bitdefender central, Netgear Extender Setup, Webroot, Office.com/setup  and much more will be considered. You will get a complete solution that will help you to resolve your issue in no time.
Webroot.com/safe                       
Internet Security Plus 
Internet Security Complete 
antivirus for gamers
Endpoint Protection   
DNS Protection 
Webroot Support Disclaimer               
PolicyAbout Us               
Netgear Extender Setup 
Bitdefender Central 
MyDrive Connect         
MyDrive Connect Disclaimer            
Mcafee Login            
Mcafee login Disclaimer
MyDrive Connect Data Protection Policy
Navigon Fresh Privacy Policy                          
bitdefender central Privacy Policy
Mcafee login Privacy Policy 
Netgear Extender Setup 
Webroot Support Privacy  
MyDrive Connect Disclaimer
Navigon Fresh Disclaimer
bitdefender central Disclaimer
Netgear Extender Setup  
Mcafee login Disclaimer
Webroot Support Disclaimer  
123.hp.com/setup
What is Webroot?
How To Create a Webroot Account?
Bitdefender Central
Manage Bitdefender Central Account
How to Create a Mcafee Account?
Mcafee login | McAfee My Account | McAfee.com/myaccount
How do I update my TomTom devices with TomTom MyDrive Connect?
TomTom devices with TomTom MyDrive Connect
What is NAVIGON Fresh?
Navigon Fresh
MYDRIVE CONNECT
MyDrive Connect Software
NAVIGON Fresh
Webroot.com/safe
Manage Bitdefender Central Account
Mcafee login | McAfee My Account | McAfee.com/myaccount
What is Webroot?
install NAVIGON Fresh
MyDrive Connect 
Mcafee login | McAfee My Account
Bitdefender
AVG Login - Avg My Account | Avg Sign in | Avg.com/login
AVG Windows Products | AVG Products | AVG Security
Blogs - AVG Login
AVG Ultimate
Disclaimer - AVG Login
Privacy Policy - AVG Login
Contact Us - AVG Login
BT Mail - BTinternet Sign in | My BT Login | BT Yahoo
Blog - BT Mail
BT webmail               
Disclaimer - BT Mail
Privacy Policy - BT Mail
Thank you much Artloader! Much selection tool, vector paths, and airbrush used on that one. I see your an active member on these forums, looking forward to seeing you around!