Well hello
So uh,  Hi.  My name's Mikaela.

I've been drawing and painting since I was young but didn't get serious till my early 20s.  By then I had changed course to psychology in college with a minor in painting. I graduated and realized I wasted my time in college because I didn't like the career choice (and to get a better job I'd need to shell out $100k for a Masters, PhD or more for MD, all for a job I wasn't sure I'd like).  I did a run around in several IT studies but none could give me the joy art always has. 

So now I'm doing art part time and hoping to finish the script for a webcomic/do commissions, and studying to get better at art, hoping one day to make a living, or at least half a living making art (despite my age of 28).  If I can't make a living I still want to get better at my craft.

I came here cause I remember CD when Conceptart.org was still around it was recommended to me more than once for the community.  I look forward to sharing my work with you all.  Thank you.
Welcome to the forum Mikaela :).

Good to have you aboard, looking forward to seeing more of your work!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Welcome! Mikaela ,
I came here from conceptart.org as well ,hope you get to see some real progress and achieve your goals.