howdy
hi, my name is jay, i'm 23, and i've been drawing for about 13 years. 
i discovered this forum a long time ago in a guide to pursuing an art education from home. i'd meant to join for a while, but here in quarantine, it looks like there's no better time. i could really use a community as i'm not currently in school, and i feel stuck in my artistic development, and art friends are always nice too.

my deviantart gallery: https://www.deviantart.com/mephlsto/gallery/
i'm on most other social platforms under 'dremorai' as well. 

i hope to learn a lot here!

eta: i forgot to mention, when joining, i clicked the confirm button twice by mistake. it redirected me saying the account already existed, so i didn't see any kind of welcome page with rules or what to do first, if there was one, so i apologize if i've missed something!
Hello dremorai. Hopefully you'll find what you need here.

Most of the forum activity is concentrated in the sketchbook section, so feel free to start a thread there to get some feedback, and/or leave feedback in other people's threads. If you want feedback on specific drawings ASAP, feel free to start a thread in the Seeking Critique/Paintovers forum. Nice style you have; some pieces remind me of Patrick Nagel.

There is useful information to be found in many of the older threads in other sections of the forum, so be sure to check them out when you get the chance. Here's the general FAQ posted by one of the site's founders, who stopped showing up a long-ass time ago due to becoming a full-time professional: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-76.html

And the all-important Rules thread: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-2.html

Have a good time!
Hey Jay Dremorai - welcome to Crimson Daggers!

You have a nice clean style - great to have you aboard :).

Yep this place is great for some company on the art journey - so do you have any goals in particular with you art? And also do you have any art heroes who's style you're kind of heading for?

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(04-16-2020, 05:07 AM)Pubic Enemy Wrote: Hello dremorai. Hopefully you'll find what you need here.

Most of the forum activity is concentrated in the sketchbook section, so feel free to start a thread there to get some feedback, and/or leave feedback in other people's threads. If you want feedback on specific drawings ASAP, feel free to start a thread in the Seeking Critique/Paintovers forum. Nice style you have; some pieces remind me of Patrick Nagel.

There is useful information to be found in many of the older threads in other sections of the forum, so be sure to check them out when you get the chance. Here's the general FAQ posted by one of the site's founders, who stopped showing up a long-ass time ago due to becoming a full-time professional: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-76.html

And the all-important Rules thread: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-2.html

Have a good time!

thank you so much! wow, that's a huge compliment. seeing such a prominent and.. REAL artist in my works makes me feel like i'm on the right path, it's really encouraging. i already like you guys haha

i'll be sure to check out the sketchbook threads soon, and definitely the paintovers thread as there's a piece i'm working on that was partially my influence to coming her as it's giving me some trouble.

thanks again, i hope to see you around!

(04-16-2020, 06:46 AM)Artloader Wrote: Hey Jay Dremorai - welcome to Crimson Daggers!

You have a nice clean style - great to have you aboard :).

Yep this place is great for some company on the art journey - so do you have any goals in particular with you art? And also do you have any art heroes who's style you're kind of heading for?

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff dude!

i've never noticed how simplistic and clean my style is tbh until reading this (and the above comment about Nagel) and it's got me thinking about where i want to go with it. probably silly to already start going on about ~realizing things~ in my art from replies to an introduction lol, but i guess it goes to show how much i really need commentary and critique.

i've turned over the idea of going professional a lot. mostly i fear i wouldn't find work, or i wouldn't be able to survive on it alone. i've done commissions and would love to get into that again.

art heroes include phobs, xafeelgood, feverworm, stjepan sejic, zeen chin, alphonse mucha, and humberto ramos
Hey Jay. Not much to say but welcome aboard!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Hey, welcome. I had the same thought, improving my art during this pandemic. You're art is pretty good, loving your use of vibrant lines. I can't wait to see how your art develops, in the meantime stay safe!