Rainwater's Sketchbook
Those last few thumbnails look great! Are you planning on making a new illustration?

Hello and thanks :) I didn't really plan to do anything with those thumbnails. Meanwhile, I did some new artwork.
[Image: winterlandscape2k.jpg]
[Image: Sketchbook-76.jpg]

[Image: Sketchbook-117.jpg]
Those color are something of there own.Good job.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(05-23-2020, 06:20 AM)darktiste Wrote: Those color are something of there own.Good job.

Thanks darktiste :) I'm experimenting a lot but I still can't seem to find a style I'm happy with.
Here is a more traditional approach in painting and experimenting with mixerbrushes:

[Image: Sketchbook-52.jpg]

[Image: Sketchbook-53.jpg]
So the secret to painterly feel is as nice brush using the mixer brush and how you lay the stroke?

My Sketchbook
(05-24-2020, 04:30 AM)darktiste Wrote: So the secret to painterly feel is as nice brush using the mixer brush and how you lay the stroke?

I use a similar technique like Greg Rutkowski - I take a traditional painting from the old masters and use a mixer brush to absorb small parts of the image (just like the stamp tool). Then I paint with the absorbed colors. It feels more like real paint, not so sterile. but I use this technique sparsely, because painting with mixer brushes like this is very RAM-heavy. The rest are normal painting- and texture brushes.

Edit: Art basics and brush economy are more important than painting with special brushes. I try to learn the ala prima style from my fav artists like Richard Schmid. It sounds weird, but you need to learn to see more, than you think you are seeing. Just look at impressionist paintings with very colorful shadows, ground etc. Things we "think" look colorless. Also, learning about light and its infliuence on the surrounding is just as important.

I still need to work on my brush economy. I feel like my paintings look too clean and boring; like a muralist painting a wall with the same brush strokes.

Here are my newest studies:

[Image: 160320.jpg]

[Image: 060320.jpg]

[Image: 090420.jpg]
You can change the dedicated ram amount in the setting but it also depend on what software you use i think it might improve the performance but at a cost... just do a quick google research when i doubt.

My Sketchbook
(05-25-2020, 09:09 AM)darktiste Wrote: You can change the dedicated ram amount in the setting but it also depend on what software you use i think it might improve the performance but at a cost... just do a quick google research when i doubt.

The setting is already pretty high (40GB out of my 64GB RAM). But Photoshop is still stuttering - maybe the file size is just too big Toothless
That or the brush size.

My Sketchbook