Sketchbook inkings
enjoy! I'm struggling with what direction to take my art please give me some feedback!

Attached Files Image(s)

The tail of your dragon is really strange it like the tail is coming out of where her front shoulder would be.I think it perhaps a issue of composition on this one.Do you normally work directly in ink or do you do an under drawing first?If you don't use a underdrawing perhaps you should to check beforehand if you can fit what you invision inside the frame of the page.One other way if you want is to draw a miniature of your composition in a box that that as the same squale this was you save time by working small and you don't have to spend time erasing and can try to go directly into ink on an other piece of paper.One even greater technique is visualizing the composition without even putting anything down you just stare at the paper and maybe perhaps just ghost over the paper to see if thing would fit or not that generally not recommended for someone who as not mastered proportion yet.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Interesting style; I take it you're fond of 16th-19th century engravings? The hatching on the crow and heron is really nice.

Regarding what direction to take your art in, that has to be your decision. The kind of fundamental art skills one needs for any given style are identical, unless you're doing cubism or abstract color fields or whatever. Of course, realistic styles require more dedication to certain areas than cartoonish ones (and vice versa), but there's no fundamental difference. That's why Loomis gets recommended so often that he becomes the butt of jokes sometimes.

In conclusion, if you haven't studied things like linear perspective and anatomy much, you'd certainly benefit from doing so. Study whatever you think would improve your ability to execute your personal style. Beyond that, you just have to practice a lot.