one_two's sketchbook
I would like more firefighters kicking in doors please.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
CG, thanks
RottenPocket, yeah, why not 
here's an update, i think i'm done with this one, took a while..

Attached Files Image(s)

a WIP of a new oil painting

Attached Files Image(s)

Great work with your latest, love how you handled the lighting and the complexity of the image as a whole, very impressive!

I really enjoy the focus being on the blanket and statuette - There's a trend a few artists I follow who paint quilts and rugs, and the detail is so fine. Having this double as a relaxed portrait is fun.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

RottenPocket, CG, thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Good day, guys and girls! Had almost been scammed by somebody on Instagram a month ago. Some woman contacted me saying she likes my work and wants me to comission 7 "drawings" of her family members on A4 paper. Her profile seemed ok, had posts, nothing unusual. She sent me some shitty photos of her family which i later had to upscale. Was very eager to make a payment and said she could only pay via Binance because her Paypal doesn't work for some reason. I don't know how Binance scams work and what can be done with a users ID. I have a Binance account by the way. I agreed to paint the portraits but didn't want to rush with the payment until i was done with the job. She offered 100 dollars for each painting, 14 overall. So i took the job and was steadily painting these random people from photos which where probably stolen from strangers FB profiles. I finished 4 portraits, sent them to my "client", got a "Ow that's wonderfull" and today i find out that the profile is deleted or frozen. Probably she or he was tired of waiting until i ask for the payment and decided that the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
In a way it's good she contacted me because otherwise I wouldn't do as much as I have done in the previous month. I started painting better with oils and figured out some things I wasn't aware of. I've done 12 portraits and was painting a 13th. Most of them aren't finished but it was a good experience nonetheless.
By the way I've been contacted by 4 people, her included that wanted to either buy my work or comission something. All of them turned out to be scammers, the profiles have been deactivated of frozen.

Attached Files Image(s)

psh.psh

Attached Files Image(s)

So sorry to hear about the scams. There is a ton of scams going on around social media lately, especially on Instagram from my experience. Please always ask for some upfront payment always, there's far too many scammers out there and it's disheartening to see how much effort you've put into these illustrations and not receive income from it.

With that said, the portraits are well done as is the recent figure study. Your skin tones in particular are very impressive, you've captured them very well and there's lot of variety in them as well, good stuff!

CG, thanks. Yeah, that's true. I've seen one or two rather known artists who made posts about scammers contacting them and trying to run their schemes on them. I don't think I would've get the upfront payment. She or whoever that was probably had a plan on stealing some personal data from me to get access to bank account or Binance. As I've written in the last post she really wanted to make the payment ASAP, that seemed suspicious as well as not giving any feedback about the works I've sent her.

Anyways, here's a new oil painting WIP I've started. It's 19,6 x 35,4 in inches or 50 x 90 cm.

Attached Files Image(s)

psh.psh

Attached Files Image(s)

(12-11-2023, 03:31 AM)one_two Wrote: psh.psh

The colors in that last figure drawing are excellent. Pretty tough to nail with traditional art. I already have issues rendering skin digitally!
New drawing looks great, love the composition. Seems like it's gonna take a lot of effort to paint in but it'll definitely be worth it as I think you'll produce something great by the end of it. Great job with the recent faces as well, nice use of light and values there!

Happy New Year, people!
weeazy, thanks, man
cg, thanks, yeah, that painting is going to take a lot of time

Attached Files Image(s)

Happy New Year!

Scammers are relentless. Name and shame, name and shaaame.

But I can recommend at least securing a deposit before proceeding with any order. Use a contract, create a receipt and document the process. It's the only way to counter any chargeback through services like Paypal.

As always, excellent work.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

RottenPocket, thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

(12-21-2023, 07:28 PM)one_two Wrote: psh.psh

Damn this is neat! I'm currently learning heads this month and would love to just do a sheet of these! Thanks for sharing.

Great updates! Those figures are very well drawn with some great use of values there, good stuff!

Ballpoint, CG, thanks guys

Attached Files Image(s)

Great job with your latest, looks very believable and natural, like a scene out of a movie. Works quite well in grayscale too, are you planning on adding colors? Keep it up!