one_two's sketchbook
darktiste, there was and there is no intent with these drawings I'm making, it's a practice I guess and a great deal of fun. The utility part of these designs hasn't even occurred to me to be honest, since I'm not doing it for commercial use or some project i don't even think how to make them look functional or convincing.
komodo, thanks for commenting and stopping by

Attached Files Image(s)

I always find myself back at your sketchbook. 

Love the variety these days, especially the loose sketches on paper.

Hello,
it is cool how many figures you drew. It is always fun to look through things like that.

It is just my impression and I might be wrong, but many of your characters give me the feeling that their arms are too short. Maybe you have trained yourself with a wrong landmark for the ellbow?
That was just the impression I got. Maybe checking this could improve your figures even more.
(05-28-2024, 05:19 AM)Pensword Wrote: Hello,
it is cool how many figures you drew. It is always fun to look through things like that.

It is just my impression and I might be wrong, but many of your characters give me the feeling that their arms are too short. Maybe you have trained yourself with a wrong landmark for the ellbow?
That was just the impression I got. Maybe checking this could improve your figures even more.

Seems fine to me. In some the arms are actually too short with the elbow too high. The average standard has the elbow roughly at the same height as the narrowest part of the waist when standing straight. Some people have longer or shorter arms than that since that' the average standard.
IrishWhiskey, glad you enjoy the things I do, thanks
Pensword, Lunatique, thanks for commenting guys. As for the arms I don't know, there might be something wrong with the length on some figures I've done as well as other things, I'll make use of the observation.                                    

Attached Files Image(s)

In the latest, the two figures on the right now have arms too short (unless the references you used actually had people with shorter arms). Usually, when a person is standing straight with arms straight down. the wrist will be about the same as where the legs meet the groin (bottom end of the torso), and the elbow will be at the narrowest part of the waist.
Lunatique, yes, indeed
I think I'm done with this oil painting, took me approximately 3.5 months to paint it. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's a drawing in graphite for a change. Haven't drawn with pencils in years.

Attached Files Image(s)