What to do with a 19 by 24 pad
Got one for 30 bucks on Jeff Bezo's fancy flea market and now I'm waiting for creativity to strike me and/or nicfits.

Any ideas?

Do you mean a paper pad? Depending on what type of paper it is you could try doing some painting on it?

Or you could try your hand at some charcoal art? I love Steve Carpenter's charcoals: https://www.stevecarpenterartcenter.com/...emo-video/

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(01-04-2021, 11:44 PM)Artloader Wrote: Do you mean a paper pad?  Depending on what type of paper it is you could try doing some painting on it?

Ah, sorry. It's a paper pad with bristol paper. I've never painted on bristol paper before but a charcoal study sounds nice. Steven Carpenter's studies are gorgeous.

I would do graphite drawing with it. Probably cut it in half or in quarters.

Bristol paper is really smooth, and it isn't good for charcoal in my opinion. Charcoal needs a rougher paper with more tooth to catch the medium and make it stick to it.

(01-05-2021, 10:15 AM)JosephCow Wrote: I would do graphite drawing with it. Probably cut it in half or in quarters.

Bristol paper is really smooth, and it isn't good for charcoal in my opinion. Charcoal needs a rougher paper with more tooth to catch the medium and make it stick to it.

Oh thanks! I've never worked with bristol paper before, so I appreciate the advice.