Jones Sketchbook
That could have been cool! somewhere on the arm or bra would have worked well to break that space up and tie it together. thanks!

Some portrait practice, arrrhhh it's painful!

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

love that gritty chalkey look jones!!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
thanks man! love them chalky brushes

Attached Files Image(s)

2 hour life study from my stream today

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm following your work over at facebook and instagram. But decided to comment anyway.

I'm shocked with your improvements. Sooo gooood. Just small tip, that I mentioned you previously. Keep an eye on your values. In my opinion you're going waay to dark in your shadows. That's the reason your images getting muddy sometimes. Side of that, really great work. Keep killing it!

Thanks for comming by to my sketchbook I wanted to comment back but I really dont have anything to say :D Really like your work the monsters on previous page are awesome great lighting on them but I dont have any advice to give so yea :D would like to see more

Agree with ramalooke, If there was ever someone I could direct to show a sketchbook with massive progress in a short amount of time, this is the one I'd show. Keep it up Jones, makin strides in improvement.
Rama - thanks a lot man :D and I'm tryin! trying to keep it in mind to account for fill lights and such. Getting a little better I think but there's a ways to go. 

Varbas- Hey thanks man! I appreciate the comment none the less :)

Dennis- wow thanks Dennis, I'm glad it's showing, It's been 4 years since I started, but I feel learning kind of almost snowballs, takes awhile to actually use the information or something. 

---

Goblin Pillagers! :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice man, Looks like the shillouette stuff is hitting home. Way more interesting work on that front!

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
Spittle.
Hero.
Now and always...<3<3<3

<3 <3 <3

Attached Files Image(s)

studies and sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Amazing poem my friend, well done

hour  concept sketch, did a much looser and blockier build up, enjoy painting that way and refning as I go sooooo much more then what I've been doing. Also a hour 30 min lighting study.

Attached Files Image(s)

You' such a beast!!
Oh boy, I just saw how much improvement you've made over the years. Nice stuff man, looking forward to catching your next stream.

Thanks guys :D! here's something I just did on stream, meant to be a warm up sketch but worked on it for almost 4 hours. (procrastinating from stuff I gotta do)

Recording if you wanna see it https://www.twitch.tv/russellrjones/v/85682396

Attached Files Image(s)

Jonedajoneszzz... Love how you're fuckin around with some desturated colors, gettin nice hues here and there; keep on that bro; If ya get a chance, catch them legs and feet up to the rest of stuff haha

Your work's very organic, you kinda just will stuff to be, i love it

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Man, this was awesome to see. Really inspiring! Keep it up.

Thanks Guys :D might push that image further, not sure yet

Drapery studies and my take on the FF1 Black mage sprite from Wednesdays group stream, you guys should join us next Wednesday! 

Not happy with the drapery, I could keep working on it but I got portfolio images I'm working on as well atm.

Attached Files Image(s)

Finally done this damn rat. I've been working on it for several weeks on my stream on and off. Ran into so many walls. I learned a lot, and I hope the next one turns on better. Gonna try and be a little looser and more organic rather then trying to stick to and keep what I've already got on my canvas.

Attached Files Image(s)