Egbu draws stuff!
Thanks Wolken, you have really helped me with my work these past months. :)

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
So I started painting this morning and I was like "damn my wrist is kinda hurting" so I only got one little sketch done in PS, so the rest of the day I was drawing with this red ballpoint pen, in my sketchbook. Also I know the big pen face is lopsided. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Do not push a hurting wrist!
I had to stop painting at alll for a whole year when i ignored the pain at the beginning...
there are also some videos in the internet for exercises you can do with your wrists for relaxing them...

I have not been pushing my wrist that hard Wolken, infact I have been messaging frequently from :D, still life then application of it from memory, concepts for Team Challenge and studies ;-;

Attached Files Image(s)

update of various stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

Pretty much finished I would say 95% I would finish it to the full but I am currently speed packing for my flight tomorrow :D. The hands are pretty messed up, I want to work on my water, and I will work on trying to create depth in my work, because that is something I really lack.

Attached Files Image(s)

a couple of sketches from my trip, there are more but these are really the only two that were not extremely smudged or I liked, the second one was a sketch of a sculpture I saw in a jewellery factory I went to on the holiday.

Attached Files Image(s)

big update kinda

Attached Files Image(s)

some studies, (life and photo) and some poop from imagination

Attached Files Image(s)

still lifes and some more sketches where I was experimenting with colour more than usual which I enjoyed a lot, I have done more traditional stuff and other digital studies but there isn't any point in just posting crappy quality photos where you can't see anything :D. so I will be posting mostly digital until I can get my hands on a decent camera/scanner

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey miles, looks like a lot of hard work in these. My suggestion would be to pay closer attention to some of the material hardness/softness so that you can differentiate between soft and hard objects. Right now in that landscape study you got up there everything appears to be made out of a watery/muddy substance because of all the softening.
Good stuff Miles. Keep'em coming. I see you being really good artist if you keep the hard work. Cheers!

It has been too long... and I have been too lazy, errm I am kinda doing the golden boy this month, but well yeh..
Dennis: Thanks, yeh I have a lot of problems with my edge quality it is really exposed in my environment, I want to do more
Rama: Thanks man

Attached Files Image(s)

Some nice Hogarth miles :D. Hope your actually reading the text xD. Some good philosophies from Hogarth.

ImSkeptical: I am lol

Update of sketchbook pages, a few still life,an application of them, studies, and awful awful face sketch.. and a character concept thing

I want to start working more on my structure of forms, because they are still coming out really flat, and still struggling with those edges ;-;

Attached Files Image(s)

Lets begin... First dont say you cant.. From what i noticed with armor there are very strong highlights.. Well it really depends on what type of armor... Leather armor wouldnt be as reflective. I did a quick paint over i hope it helps. 2 you may want to establish a light source, it helps in the way you render it. ONce you push your contrast some more your armor will start to inporve. I feel like im rambling so ill cut this short. Keep up the good work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, nice stuff. keep pushing, you're getting stronger ;3 z

Yeah man! Getting better with every post. Not got a lot to add, other people have given you some great feedback. One thing I might mention though. I found when I started paying more attention to each brushstroke I made, it helped a lot. Not saying every single on has to be perfect. But you can probably do fewer, more controlled strokes, and get a better effect.

Someone recommended I do a Velaquez (think that's how you spell his name) master study at the time and it helped a ton. Maybe it would work for you.

Either way though, keep it up. You're doing well man :).

Pro tip. Whenever you feel like you can't paint something. Stop and do a study of this particular thing ;). And yeah. Keep pushing ;3

M-rahsart: Thanks a lot for taking the time out to do a quick crit on my character thing, really made me realise how much I should work on my lighting, and the added encouragement!
Rama: thanks for the support, and I have been trying to get used to studying my problems, just so many of them lol
JakeB: Thanks, I am not too familiar with Velazquez's work but I will definetely check him out, brush economy is quite important and I often forget to think about it when painting.

I have not been updating this sb as much as I wanted to due being busy with school, so here is a few things I have done over the last weeks (minus the assignment's from Isra's Perspective Class, which you can find here :D )

Not a lot, I know, I have been annoyingly lazy over the past 3 weeks, and laziness plus decreased time to draw really do not go well together D:. Going to try and hopefully squeeze in some more drawing time and update a lil more regularly (maybe).

Attached Files Image(s)