Heidén's Sketchbook
Hi everyone! I finished this cat-flower with some dry pastels, chalk and charcoal. I haven't been able to scan it, so I took a picture of it. I was doing a series of animals and decided I also wanted to paint some flowers; the bee was a final addition.
I like the eye the problem is the fur which is strange some part of it look like it floating around.Also the element around the cat are really symetrically positioned but some of them are bigger than other which make for a leak of balance and overall they are secondary but fighing for attention.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Rally nice drawing, well done!

(12-24-2021, 03:28 PM)darktiste Wrote: I like the eye the problem is the fur which is strange some part of it look like it floating around.Also the element around the cat are really symetrically position but some of them are bigger than other which make for a leak of balance and overall they are secondary but fighing for attention.

Thanks, glad you liked the eyes! The fur floating around was intentional, as if it was vanishing. Thanks for the advice on composition as well! I'll take that into account for future compositions.
(12-24-2021, 11:05 PM)one_two Wrote: Rally nice drawing, well done!

Thank you! I'll be making some more animals and flowers
That cat-flower piece is really cool. Love the eyes — but everything is well proportioned and rendered and the colors and 'light' really make it pop.

Dunno if your looking for crits, but I'd humbly suggest adding a little shadow under the kitty's chin to settle it on the flower a bit more.

That bee is a nice touch and well done too.