Hi!
Hello everyone, this is my first art community experience! I'm 19 years old and I've been drawing on and off for about 3 years, but I've decided I want to try to pursue a career in Concept Art. I've realized that I'm nowhere near where I want to be (major understatement) and I realized I've been trying to learn in a bubble. I'm excited to learn and grow with you all! :)
You came to the right place.I have been on a journey like the one you have started for about almost 9 years now. I thought i was in love with drawing but really i was more in love with the idea i had made in my head and i had to come out of my deillusional bubble to find out it not always a easy ride when you really want something it doesn't cut it to be told that your gifted after a while you realize there rule under the surface.But i was willing to try to do better everyday. I am learning everyday to observe and i am so glad that i did now i see the world with alot more curiosity and a new perspective.

I had a small accident a while back where i injuried one of my eye and since then i have learn to appreciate my sense to an even greater level than before thank to this unfortunate event.I also had to struggle with some carpal tunnel problem that made me question my path.But i know that there is no gain without pain and if thing happen we need to listen to were body and try to varies the activity we do to reduce the stress on certain part of the body.But you didn't come here to listen to my story.I just share it because you to will look back at the sacrifice you made one day and be able to share how far you came(not that you can't already).I can tell you it a whole new experience to stop blinding oneself of the opportunity to learn from other. It took me a while and i am still not the best when it come to taking critic and through doing critic on other people work i have learn that there was depth of knowledge i never suspected.By being here i also recieve in a new perspective which lead me to think differently than if had simply drawn in a corner without any feedback.I learned that there was even if people argue to the contrary a logical way to learning to draw.It not just drawing yeah i know it seem stupid but you don't know how much you aren't observing until you quit the i don't need to learn perspective bullsh1t just to name one example of the common pitfall of not balancing the fundamental.

Even if i had fear for my sight i never lost sight of my goal and love for drawing and even if there is some pain that pain would be nothing compare to how i would feel not to share my passion with other through my own drawing.So i hope that what i said had atleast motivated you to see that when there a will there a way.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.