Arm Muscles Study
Hello everyone here are my studies of the anatomy of the arm. Any feedback will be highly appreciated. Thank you

Attached Files Image(s)

You should probably also do the softer version study not just the anatomic muscle insertion.You want to feel how muscle overlap when the skin is over the muscle the form are much softer enchance why i call it the softer version

Maybe also try to retain the scale and the angle of the reference it teach you more if you are observing as is and not as you think.Dont simplify or shortcut what is in front of you.The action of the muscle must remain clear and authentic to the reference otherwise you dont retain or apply concept to your drawing that show that you understand what happen to the shape when group of muscle are pull or relaxed.

Also remember that the skin sag and that arm are generally without exaggerated muscle unless the subject matter as that quality.

Dissect your subject by tracing over the reference when you study a soft representation of the arm.You can then use your visual note to make up the muscle version with marker for example dissecting the angle from the forearm to the elbow to the shoulder.Being able to estimate angle and lenght is of great help to establish a accurate picture so it why scale is important also.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.
Thank you for the advice, I will follow the soft study approach.

I often learn anatomy in this way, so when I draw for fun, I tend to include a lot of unnecessary details. I will definitely try the soft study technique.