Zvarthav's Sketchbook
Heeey nice work! You're onto some more advanced stuff. The pespective drawings from plans look right to me. The one with the cube churn thing, I had a think about it, and I decided I just don't know how to do it lol. I wonder if what he wanted you to do was to actually rotate the cube, as if turning the handle, and draw that 3 different times, not positive though, it's worded in a confusing way.

Either way, the question is how to rotate the cube so that it stays consistent, whether by rotating it along the crankshaft, or by looking at a different angle. And to do that we need to know the relationship between the cube's own VPs and those of the stand. I can't think of a way of doing the exercise without just guessing or estimating. But fortunately, that usually is sufficient. I might be way overthinking it, though. Maybe the way you did the exercise is just what you were supposed to do.

Anyway, if anyone know how you could rotate a tilted cube along an axis like that, I'm very curious.

JosephCow: Thanks for the comment on my work. Well, if someone can solve the churn problem they're free to post it in this thread.

I don't know much about brushes, so I experimented with Krita's to compare them with the Japanese one I like from Clip Studio Paint. The closest one seemed to be Ink Pen (Mypaint) so I did a comparison of just those two:

The one I like reacts to speed. If anyone knows a brush like the CSP one (I could share it) but for Krita, or alternatively knows how to modify the Krita brush to be like this, they can tell me if they want to. I went into the brush editor but it kinda confused me. Of course I don't have to work in Krita... but I kinda want to now that I've familiarized myself with the interface and perspective tools. Also the tip on the brush I like isn't round, but square, not sure how much that matters for the feel of it, and for some reason the default size for it is 100 despite producing these thin lines.
Krita manual gives a rundown of all the options in the brush engine. Highly recommend you read it.

The thing you want to play with is the Size mapped to the Speed "sensor" in the graph editor. The screenshot below shows size mapped to pressure. You can see the speed sensor is an option further down the list. Checkmarking a sensor box on the the right next to the graph, activates it and shows the curve for how that tablet sensor should affect the brush option selected in leftmost menu (opacity, rotation, scatter, etc)

Changing the sensor curve will affect the way the specific sensor chosen adjusts the brush. You can customise any sensor setting curve. Here is description of the tablet sensors available

https://docs.krita.org/en/reference_manu...nsors.html

You can change brush tips, masking, textures, a whole raft of other things to play with in the brush engine.

Noone: Thank you. I was confused because I was looking at the Ink Pen and it had several speed settings (fine speed gamma, gross speed gamma, fine speed slowness, gross speed slowness, offset by speed, etc), I thought they were all like that. I tried modifying Basic 2 instead and it looks more like your window. I think I got the speed setting to work and I made the tip square, but it still doesn't feel exactly the same for me. I will try fiddling with the brush settings more tomorrow.

For the sketchbook, here are two Loomis copies I made. I think it's nonsensical that the woman is in heels, but it's whatever.

WOW. These last Loomis copies are spot on!

one_two: Thank you, but it's only because I had the reference to look at. I'm not good at drawing humans, I tried redrawing it from memory only and it looks a lot worse lol (still, the point was to see if I remembered the general placement of things, which I think I did).

On the "Various Standards Of Proportion" page, Loomis recommends one to draw the side and back of the characters, so I drew the side (I don't feel like drawing the back too) of the three unusual men. It looks very bad compared to the original lol, but I believe the anatomy lines up with what Loomis drew.

Aside from that, I spent a long time editing brushes but couldn't get it exactly how I wanted, so I searched for CSP brushes for Krita and found this one:
https://krita-artists.org/t/replicating-...a/49716/22
I made modifications to it and I think that now it might feel similar to the CSP brush I like.

I also bought a simple artist's manikin because I looked ahead in the book and Loomis talks about manikins, so I thought maybe that might be useful.

I haven't felt much like drawing recently, maybe it's the depression. If I can I will try to draw anyway.
Well learning is different from drawing for therapeutic purpose. Keep thing fun and stress free.

Also it ok you will have moment where you feel like you burn out. There moment where your eye catch up with your technnical skill and your art start to seem like it deteriorating and you feel like your back at step one. That not the case necessarily. It sure can be discouraging and something effort feel meaningless. But it always nice to just put the pen down and see how you feel and not necessary get caught up with that inner dialogue as we talk about a little earlier. Just enjoying thing in life that you can infuse in your work to get the creative juice flowing again and ease the pain of growth.

Sure easier said then down specially when thing around you distract you from being able to enjoy the simple thing in life and that where gratitude teach us a lot about enjoying simplicity and teach us to enter that flow state of enjoying the moment.

I dont know what depressing you but seriously if one thing i can advice it taking some SUN and work on a sleep routine. You might need vitamin D. Specially if you are chronically online and a indoor type person. It Might just be a diet thing there many thing and i dont know how far i am from whatever the issue might be you just need to identify it and look for how you can fix it. One brick at a time. But i think you also need to open up to people as to not get stuck in pattern and that not easy specially if what cause this depression steam from past relation. 

Everything can feel like work sometime but the effort are long time investment that can be hard to appreciate when we are fixated on the ground and instant gratification. That why being optimistic is such a uphill battle because we get distracted by were daily day problem. But if we are grateful toward were own effort we focus less on how hard thing are and we see how necessary the pain of to day is for tomorrow. Sometime it can feel as if we are delaying were happiness by having meaningless desire but if we have no hunger can we say that we are living... Everyone as to hunt for is food. The food of is soul.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.
Actually for versions from memory, I find yours really great! It's not the same level of detail or realism yet but if you can produce picture with this style it's already both pretty and good for storytelling!
The different men work well too. It's hard to get the volume spot on on profile like you did.
Navaali: Thank you very much for the encouragement.

darktiste: Thank you a lot for trying to help, but I don't think it can be helped much. The depression is likely caused by past abuse I've experienced. Even when things go well it sometimes feels like everything is worthless, I don't think I would feel any better even if I was a successful artist.
Regarding the sun, I live in the city so I don't like going outside much amongst all the people, traffic and cement. I like going outside more in the country with the forests around, but I don't visit the country that often. I do take D vitamins and exercise inside everyday. My sleep routine isn't very consistent, but I'm trying to fix it to be better.
I don't expect users on this forum to solve my depression issues, I just mention it sometimes as an explanation for why I might not feel like drawing. Regardless, I do appreciate your words.

Here's a copy of the Ideal Proportions At Various Ages page with the heads.

The bodies, except for the adult.