CurvyLadySketchbook
Hey! drawing has been a big pastime of mine but lately hasn't really been doing it for me like it used to.. maybe because of AI or idk what. I'm thinking maybe engaging in art forums would bring back a bit of the spark, so here I am. oh and F&*$ AI

Attached Files Image(s)

AI is a thing... but drawing will always be fun. Especially if you're drawing what you enjoy.

Welcome to the forum!

(07-22-2024, 09:22 AM)ThereIsNoJustice Wrote: AI is a thing... but drawing will always be fun. Especially if you're drawing what you enjoy.

Welcome to the forum!

Perhaps I should try approaching drawing differently, a different way of drawing not focused on being 'technically accurate' with my drawings, but that is also kind of what used to be the funniest part. I loved learning the tricks of perspective and the ability to draw a real object on a 2d surface and make it look like it could pop of the page and come to life or learning the minute details of anatomy to be able to do what i loved seeing in renaissance art but ai seems to cheapen and make those skills kind of pointless now. What aspect of drawing is where you get your enjoyment? Conception? Storytelling? Just the act of creating things?

Attached Files Image(s)

Of course it's the challenge and enjoyment in learning a difficult skill, and the enjoyment of the process that is why anyone decides to go down the fundamentals and realist skills based track. AI is not a good excuse to negate those, because it literally has no say in those things, for you. Forget about AI hysteria, there's far too much of it around especially on social media; so many people endlessly whining about it achieves nothing. I've seen too many people descend into a "poor me" victim mentality, and it feels like they just want an excuse to give up. Ai will become whatever it will be. It will heighten actual human made things, traditionally made art will retain value because of the human element, digital commercial stuff...maybe not so much.
Anyway if you can't enjoy learning and doing what YOU want for your own reasons...imo don't do it; do something else.. You'll waste less time and save yourself needless
anguish.

Self expression that a good enough reason to do art. Ai won't teach you anything about composition nothing about anatomical error. Nothing about how to mix color to get beautiful harmony. Ai won't lead you by the hand to try different tool or medium. It will only expose you to the road you must first understand if you want it to follow the road you could give it.

The only thing you get from staring into ai art is a sense of why can't i do that and once you can do it you feel inept because of how fast it done but you realize that between something that look deliberate there is no one actually driving which take way from the story telling aspect. Selection of subject matter as been only done through reinforcement of previously done artwork.

Let me tell you after a while of being expose to Ai art you can tell what is real and isn't.

There is a market for soulless art but that job is already taken by AI.

You don't have to ask other where they derive there passion for art even if sometime it necessary to perhaps lit back a dim soul.

Should a cyclist stop enjoying the joy of cycling around because there is an electric bike? We do thing for were own reason. Maybe the person who use a traditional bike need the health benefit and maybe the guy who use the electric bike just wanna keep enjoying some of the benefit but is getting old but wish to enjoy the scenery that pass him will is grand children trail him behind.

No body force you to talk about ai but it good to empty the bag but it important to be able to move on .Maybe what you need is to go outside and stop poisoning yourself with what other people are doing and finding what you want to share. It not good to be doom scrolling you end up demoralize because you burden yourself with the weight of what other have done. Before Ai other artist would go to social media and had similar experience of poor me look at them those master doing thing effortlessly. The thing that change is now you think you have a tool that make you as good as they are but is it true? That the question you can't really answers yet because you need the perspective of what different between them and the tool.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.