Mark's Sketchbook and studies
[Image: Portrait-1b_SML_JPEG.jpg]

I cooled the background color down like I should have in the first place.
nice studies looks like you are improving fast!

(08-14-2012, 04:50 AM)Grundalug Wrote: nice studies looks like you are improving fast!

Thanks!
some expression practice, ink and bamboo pen

[Image: Expressions_JPEG.jpg]
Those ink studies look like fun man, keep pushin.
[Image: KULAN-GATH_sml_JPEG.jpg]
Fan art for a change. Kulan Gath copywrit Marvel Comics. He started as a Conan villain then became a Red Sonja villain, first appearance Marvel Teamup #76.
Nie start man, you defiantly on the right track! That last character piece has turned out prity good. I agree with Ursula, hit the Loomis and study up on the fundermentals. My advice would be to try and avoid using solid black in shadow areas and also try to mix up your edges. There seems to be alot of soft marks but very few hard ones. Your doing great regardless, keep it up ;)

Nice work Mark, you've already made some really big steps in only a few pages. I really like the portrait at the top of the page.

I've not been getting any art work done for the last month. I had some things to deal with but I'm back on track now. So I give you RuK (rock) from Star Trek the original series. Look it up. I thought this looked boring in the end so I added a mohawk.

[Image: RuK_Portrait_1c_SML_JPEG.jpg]

RUK

[Image: RuK_Portrait_Punk_a_SML_JPEG.jpg]

Punk Ruk

also that thing he's wearing that looks like a collar is actually a hood, hence why there's that shadow that goes into his shoulder.
[Image: GirlHelmutHair2a_JPEG_SML.jpg]

a study from a photo, a lot of liberties were taken I regret nothing. Lots and lots to learn and never stop, it's one the things I love about art.
[Image: TENTACLES2b_JPEG_SML.jpg]

messing around, seeing how disgusting I could make something

edit: hated the first version, new version has more tentacles