Poll: Who designed the best Futuristic Falconer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lege
40.00%
2 40.00%
CBinns
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson CHOW- Futuristic Falconer FINALS THREAD
Crimson Character of the week #55

-=Futuristic Falconer=-
I'm going to follow Lege's lead and challenge you guys (and myself) to come up with a concept following specific guidelines. Trying to emulate a design assignment you might need to complete, while still having some fun. Here's the brief:
Traditionally, hunters in Asia and parts of Europe hunted with trained birds. Falcons, eagles, etc. This practice is ancient and comes with a lot of tradition and cultural clothing and appearance. For example, the birds may have a decorated hood. The falconer would wear gauntlets. We are looking for a falconer character that fights enemies alongside a fierce bird. It should make some kind of allusion to traditional imagery and shape language BUT here's the twist: It's in the future. Whether you want to go with retro-future sci-fi like fallout, or something like Cyberpunk is up to you. But try to transpose the ancient hunter-with-bird archetype to a new, sci-fi context. The bird would likely be robotic, mechanical, or cyborg, for example. A hunter's gloves or gauntlets might be made of a synthetic material and contain a homing device.
  • Guidelines:
    • No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)

• 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased, online, assets are forbidden.

• AI may be used in the ideation process, but the final image must be 100% hand-drawn.

• Studies are recommended, but not required.

• There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).

• Environment backgrounds are optional.

• Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.

Rules:
    • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.

• Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.

• At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).

• Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.

• No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!

• Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.

• In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

-+|| FINALs THREAD ||
Deadline is Tuesday, October 8 @ UTC: 23:59

Alright I gave a little more time in case anyone else with a WIP wanted to get in here but poll is now ready.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
Love your piece Lege!

I decided I liked the pop of colors the projected falcon brought my piece so went with it. A fun brief this time round, it’s a shame participation was low. 

Okay looks like CBinns wins by 1! Nice job guys, it's hard to choose between them since they actually are somewhat similar but that makes for good competition! I'll let you handle the next brief Cbinns