The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Havee'nt been able to update for a while, been busy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Art dump

Attached Files Image(s)

Currently moving so I might have to be offline for a while soon, but i've decided to try the bloodborne crucible because godamn I love that game XD.
It's gonna be a challenge as well because i have limited experience drawing monsters and even less with the kind bloodborne has.

Few compositional sketches...I use compositional lightly because i'm fairly sure no one but me can understnad the random markings i've put down xD, I can't draw loosely for the life of me on paper haha.
Also some quick studies and attempts at the creatures head, I really liked ludwigs design from the dlc(the horse dude) so i'm gonna base it primarily around that sorta look.

Also another perspective study.

Attached Files Image(s)

Update. Mainly stuff from the crucible.

Attached Files Image(s)

The rendering studies are fantastic! Really great sense of volume and mass coming through those pages. Those creature heads are grotesque and amazing, way into that. The storyboards are great too, the rendering practice has been applied really nicely to those scenes.

Cheers dude, thanks I tried to put a lot of thought into the creature heads :).

I've also started using a drawing desktop easel, it's been difficult to get used to but I think it's helping me out, I need to spend more time learning traditional drawing skills, plus I think the change is making me concentrate better as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick update.
Been trying to study cushart krenz atm, also some character designs for the crucible. probbly gonna start on the final picture tommorow.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick update, trying to improve my linework, i'm hoping I can do the dynamic sketching course at cgacademy at some point, probbly won't be for a while though it's way to expensive for me currently.

And more perspective work, it's becoming more difficult since a lot of the later stuff is relying more on ellipses, plus a lot of these are becoming more complex with how many construction lines i'm having to put down which is getting confusing, suppose it's something you get used to though.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick update.
my Crimson crucible final and more perspective work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for visiting my SB Trigger! It's great that you're learning Sciott Robertson consistently! You actually are ahead of me, I haven't done that hole on inclined surface yet! As for pen drawing, I also used a ballpoint pen, UNI Lacknock fine and I also like UNI-ball ultra-fine. I guess they are for writing, but I even managed to do some quick landscape/cityscape live sketches with those.

Ohh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Trigger! Props to you for keeping up with the perspective work--!
Yeah, it sure looks like it's getting complicated O_O looks like I have that to look forward to haha

If you keep up with the dynamic sketching exercises, believe me your line quality will improve, because it bumps up confidence too <3

Good job on CC2! Especially going traditional like a boss! I think if you worked with a different background and added some visual interest in the mid and foreground it'd be really sweet!

Keep at it man-!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
It's so true about drawing ellipses holding you back in H2D... they are such a tricky thing to draw consistently well in exercises and then to have to put one in a drawing perfectly right when you need it aaaaaaaahhhhh! Looks like you're doing really well though, and that mouse-looking exercise you inked it nicely. Have you seen the drawabox.com stuff? It's basically all the dynamic sketching course content but online for free.

You mentioned about too many construction lines cluttering things up, personally I draw them with mechanical pencil, and when it gets too cluttered I take a kneaded eraser, roll it out into a long snake like shape and then roll it over the top of the pencils like a rolling pin - it fades the lines back a little (like reducing the opacity in photoshop), then I can darken back any important lines and keep going. It's not really erasing, just fading things. Keep rocking ^^

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Neopatogen:Yeah I find it's easier to scratch in lines with a ballpoint though, which pretty much defies the whole point in drawing in pen to improve linework haha. they are useful for quick sketches though like you said.

Smrr:Thanks, yeah i'll take your advice for my next cc or whichever project I end up working on next,  i'm also gonna try and do some more observational drawing to improve my pencil rendering as you suggested, already started trying to draw a cup and apply  perspective boxes to it, i've got no clue how people draw plates accurately though I spent 45 mins just trying to get the basic shape of one down and had still failed by the end XD.

Jyonnynovice:Thanks a ton for pointing out the drawabox site, i've only looked at it a bit but it looks really well made and he gives crits as well, might start donating to his patreon.
Oh yeah and i'll try the kneaded eraser trick, these really are getting complicated so i'm a bit paranoid about getting rid of lines.

I should have a new tablet by the end of next week if all goes well, think i'm gonna stick to mainly traditional but i'll be able to go for a lot more online art courses as a lot of them rely on painting to an extent, i'm thinking of going for a schoolism subscription and starting with thomas fluhartys course.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tard...0909215453

Last update for a while since i've packed away my scanner and moving in a few days.
Trying to do more pen sketches, thinking of drawing in pen for a while though I might draw in pencil for ellipses and go over them in pen due to how unreliable they are to draw.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for stopping by my sb Triggerpigking! You've got some really cool perspective stuff going on here, just keep going, you're making good progress. Regarding ellipses you could either construct a box first and then fill in the ellipse or start practicing them as part of a daily sketching routine. Ellipses are just a matter of milage I feel like, so just keep practicing.

Keep it up man!

Miracoly:Yep that's what i've been doing to practice them, i've got freehand ellipses down mostly well, it's trying to draw them into a box that messes me up xD, thanks for visiting my sketchbook :).

Ok..did not end up moving XD, the house turned out to be a damn con, managed to get our money back though and we'll be moving in 2 months, though i've already packed up my scanner and stuff so i'm gonna have to dig that back up in a few days.
In better news finally got my new intuos 4 tablet :D.

First up two blender files, more work on the grunty the witch sculpture, don't want to think how many hours i've put into this so far XD, almost done with the sculpting phase though I think, then onto hair and painting, gonna take this as far as I can i've already learned a lot from it.
And secondly a ninja model from a tutorial, it was done with a method of building it over a front and side view of a reference drawing of the ninja, seen that sorta thing before, i'll have to keep it in mind as it made modelling the base for much easier.

Atmospheric perspective study for scott robertsons book, had a lot of fun with this might do more of them, did this in photoshop rather then traditional since it's much easier to get value down quickly, plus the markers he was reccomending where crazy expensive.

And a house in perspective, did this wrong so i'm doing more of them, scott has'nt really given any tutorials for the enviorment section of the book so i'm just making my own assigments here and i'm gonna do atleast 5 of them.
Basically the idea is to use a photo of a building as a base, figure out the perspective and draw over it to create a new design based on the old one, sketching these would probably be easier in traditional but since I don't have my scanner out i'm just gonna do them in photoshop right now(plus it's much easier to find the vp.)

You didn't end up moving in the end 0_0 crazy stuff!

Woooo! Intuos 4!! Hahaha, truly the superior wacom tablet n_n

Wait wait wait -- is that ... is that Grunty the Witch sculpt... the Grunty...? As in... THE GRUNTY??
...Banjo-Kazooie GRUNTY?
dude
pls
say yes
In love In love

Hahaha but yeah forreals - you shouldn't be so concerned about time when you start out with something, y'know? The important thing is to push your limits :) and you're totally doing that, Trigger!
\o/

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Cool stuff here trigger!
Im also going through the perspective stuff Im currently juggling between H2D and NMA Erik olson perspective class and I have to say Perspective can become overwhelming, so I try to do them at least 1 hour a day.

Congrats on your new tablet dude time to do some amazing paintings with that!

Smrr:Your godamn right it's Grunty..though for a whle people kept telling me it was a good sculpt of waluigi xD.

Kurtjeremy:Thanks dude, yeah perspective stuff is tough. I'm trying to do about 2 hours of it a day on weekdays.

More perspective stuff,  I planned to do more of that second assignment but photoshop was giving me issues, I need to spend some time doing studies of houses and buildings to add to my visual library as varying these up was difficult.
Third one was trying to convey space entirely through linework, did it ages ago and I was quite tired so i'm gonna give it another try soon.

Trying to draw my friends dnd character, trying to visualize and draw the figure in pen was...difficult to say the least, can you tell the subtle moment where I got pissed off with it xD.
It's defineitly helping me visualize more though, i'm trying to think over each line before I put them down especially on the last one. Trying to draw subtle line weight though is going to be an issue, i'm thinking i'll draw over the 4th one as best I can them maybe trace the final linework on tracing paper or do it again and use a ballpoint pen for the underlinework.

Also some faces, i've actually got more of these but the page was'nt finished, On weekends i'm gonna start doing studies of anything I want to improve my visual library which I think is lacking a lot.

Quick update

First some of them atmospheric perspective value studies, these were really fun.
The bottom right one was heavily reffed with it's composition though.

Attached Files Image(s)