Neopatogen Sketchbook
Bug 
Here are my kind of boring yesterday's studies after Daarken's tutorial http://enliighten.com/blog/still-life-painting-eggs/ But I actually enjoyed it! I decided to start with the basic stuff again. The 1st egg is a life drawing and the egg variations are quick scetches from imagination.

Attached Files Image(s)

hey there! welcome! :D

nice work with the egg, for someone who is starting with the basics, you already have a good perception of the value range!

keep up, i wanna see more!

I'm doing daily scetches mostly traditionally, with pencil, and I'm a bit lazy to make photos but perhaps I will do it to share with you! 
Here's my quick digital color study after N. Rerikh, a Russian artist (Sunset, flaming tops) 
Want desperately to learn to paint mountains, decided to start with the easiest forms. My painting was a bit desaturated comparing to the original so I fixed the saturation in Photoshop.

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying to understand the anatomy of ocean waves. Here's the reference http://luda-stock.deviantart.com/art/Il-...-292120014 , though I added some sky. I also did several pencil scetches on paper, just different forms waves. I also tried to color this painting, but I really hated it, next time I'll add colors on an earlier stage, adding an adjustment layer on top to check my values from time to time.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some earlier water splash study. I want to paint a ship battle picture one day, so I practice painting water from time to time, except my everyday human drawing studies.
Here's the tutorial that I used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMEgmWeLEpQ

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi there! Another Daarken tutorial http://enliighten.com/blog/still-life-painting-metal/ 
I painted life, it's actually my 2nd attempt, when I tried painting this coffee device for the first time, I realiyed that I don't know how to draw ovals and cylinders in perspective and I just practiced that for a couple of days.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very good :) I would like to see some figures tho ;)

(12-19-2015, 07:41 AM)Artplur Wrote: Very good :) I would like to see some figures tho ;)

Sure! I'll try to make photos of my scetches tomorrow! Sorry that I'm posting boring stuff, I'll proceed to fantasy/sci-fi as soon as I've improved my basics!
(12-19-2015, 08:20 AM)neopatogen Wrote:
(12-19-2015, 07:41 AM)Artplur Wrote: Very good :) I would like to see some figures tho ;)

Sure! I'll try to make photos of my scetches tomorrow! Sorry that I'm posting boring stuff, I'll proceed to fantasy/sci-fi as soon as I've improved my basics!

Here are my today's gesture studies! Look kinda shitty  Nervous smile, ahehe but I learned smth new. My figure drawing teacher is Stan Prokopenko (Proko), his Youtube channel is awesome.
I'm trying to draw gesture myself before looking how Proko is doing it, then repeat after him and try to find mistakes.
I also attached a better rendered eye that I drew after Proko's video earlier, but I must admit I almost haven't practiced drawing eyes after that study so I forgot a lot, gotta practice more later.

Cylinder drawing is just revising earlier studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

I continue my series of Daarken studies! Today it's painting glass in grayscale. 
I actually don't learn a lot from his tutorials, much more from my practice! I realized that it's too early for me to jump to painting without a sketch, like Daarken often does. It's important to adjust studies  to yourself, I think! 
I also painted life, while Daarken uses photo references. Just because I need to practice more!

As for my figure drawings, I practice every day at least a bit, just prefer to spend time on drawing rather than making/editing photos, but I'll try to post some photos later!

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice! Keep doing what you're doing. Remember to also pick topics that really excite you!
This has nothing to do with anything, but I really like your handwriting :D
Cheers

[Image: rUfiMf1.png]
(12-23-2015, 06:23 AM)badbaddog Wrote: Nice! Keep doing what you're doing. Remember to also pick topics that really excite you!
This has nothing to do with anything, but I really like your handwriting :D
Cheers

@badbadog Thank you! I'm currently working on a dragon from imagination, too, you can see it in Challenges/Dojo section.

I decided to paint from memory only today.
Just to test myself.
I saw this latern about a week ago and tried to memorize it. I made a photo, but the colors and the lighting didn;t match the real ones at al, so I couldn't use it as a reference.
So ok, I suck at painting from memory. Have to think on my studies plan tomorrow.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice start to your sketchbook neopatogen! Thanks for dropping by my stream the other day, and welcome to CD, I think you'll find it a great place to keep your stuff developing. Let me know how you find the enviro design vids as well :) happy holidays!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(12-25-2015, 10:02 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Nice start to your sketchbook neopatogen! Thanks for dropping by my stream the other day, and welcome to CD, I think you'll find it a great place to keep your stuff developing.  Let me know how you find the enviro design vids as well :) happy holidays!

@Amit Dutta thank you sensei! :) I just had I look at your course and I find it exciting!
It's a pity I have no chance to meet deadlines, but I'll start learning from the beginning anyway!

Great, you know, even though the deadlines have passed, definitely post your assignments and wips in the class thread. I will be monitoring it and still helping others who followed along, so I will be able to make some comments or answer questions etc on your stuff from time to time!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
My Notan/Composition/Values studies for Environment course by @Amit Dutta

Attached Files Image(s)

Your latest environment studies are sick man! I really dig them, the two value studies read really well. I'm excited to see what you produce next! Also thanks for pointing me at the Environment course thread, I think I will participate as well.

Keep it up!

My second assignment for the Environment class! It was hard because I had to paint from imagination.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nose day! 
I made a n assignment for Something about form classes and decided to continue with noses. One of the artists I respect recommended it in his video. So I made quick sketches of noses of two people whom I know really well :)
I used to hate drawing people, but I think I might like it! Had good time with noses

Attached Files Image(s)