CC4 Probability Game
Hey,
Literally just registered for CD and making my first post.  I am primarily a comic artist so this challenge is really intrigued me to join up.  I've seen some really cool ideas so far.  

Finished the writing but here are some super rough preliminary thumbs and layouts to get the visuals started:[Image: 1749x1312.jpeg]

[Image: 1368x1824.jpeg][Image: 1368x1824.jpeg][Image: 987x1316.jpeg]

Welcome to the forums and to the challenge!

(06-16-2016, 09:56 AM)Hobitt Wrote: Welcome to the forums and to the challenge!

Thanks!

Welcome to CD, and looking forward to seeing your process and the comic develop!
You have way more panels than might fit a page...unless they are just iterative tests. Just making sure you know it's a one-pager right? Have to be sure, wouldn't want you to waste your time!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(06-16-2016, 01:18 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Welcome to CD, and looking forward to seeing your process and the comic develop!
You have way more panels than might fit a page...unless they are just iterative tests. Just making sure you know it's a one-pager right?  Have to be sure, wouldn't want you to waste your time!

Thanks.  Yep, I got it under control lol.  Just trying a bunch a stuff out.

haha good to know. Go to it son! :)

Forgot to post my inked thumbnails before i scanned them.  
[Image: 2448x3264.jpeg]

Nice work!! I can see a clear progression of story across the panels, and it all makes sense to me visually, though without the dialogue in yet I'm not sure how the story relates to a game of probability. Also, a little confused by the end, and how the lady gets on the table (Was she killed along with the beast? The probability of missing the target?)

Keep going!! Excited to see more! :D

DeviantArt YouTube | My Books and Comics

[url=http://arapersonica.deviantart.com/][/url]
Saw your final :O really dig how it turned out! I felt that dude running and launching his sword through the wolf's skull, so coooooooooooooool--!!
The one thing I feel could have been fixed - putting a "But" before "Given enough time, nothing will last forever". Or maybe just changing the last block of text to really connect the comic as a whole, hmm ~

Either way, really cool stuff-! Great job!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(06-26-2016, 06:35 AM)Arapersonica Wrote: Nice work!! I can see a clear progression of story across the panels, and it all makes sense to me visually, though without the dialogue in yet I'm not sure how the story relates to a game of probability. Also, a little confused by the end, and how the lady gets on the table (Was she killed along with the beast? The probability of missing the target?)

Keep going!! Excited to see more! :D

Thank you for checking it out.  Check out the final for how I applied this to the probability game theme.

(06-26-2016, 02:10 PM)smrr Wrote: Saw your final :O really dig how it turned out! I felt that dude running and launching his sword through the wolf's skull, so coooooooooooooool--!!
The one thing I feel could have been fixed - putting a "But" before "Given enough time, nothing will last forever". Or maybe just changing the last block of text to really connect the comic as a whole, hmm ~

Either way, really cool stuff-! Great job!

Thank you!  I think I might relook at how I could change the text if I refine this further for my portfolio.

Great overall work. It took me a while to realise the wolf probably bit the lady, so her saviour had to kill her before she turned. Is that it?

I also think since you went with a simple tonal shading , more work needed to be done to make sure everything reads really really clearly. Gonna keep more crits for later though. Good job getting it in!

(06-27-2016, 02:46 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Great overall work. It took me a while to realise the wolf probably bit the lady, so her saviour had to kill her before she turned. Is that it?

I also think since you went with a simple tonal shading , more work needed to be done to make sure everything reads really really clearly.  Gonna keep more crits for later though.  Good job getting it in!
Thanks for checking it out.  I wanted the audience to figure that out on their own rather that show it.  Can't wait to hear where you thought it needed more work.  :)