Zodd Sketchbook
Hey friends! i'm starting here my sketchbook to show my studies and get some critiques, ill try hard to post everyday! \(*o*)/

Here's a few master studies i've done in the last months:

And some from photos:

great stuffffff, keep posting!

(12-21-2018, 03:52 AM)Gliger Wrote: great stuffffff, keep posting!

Yea, i will! i'm really excited!
Here's some foot studies, based on photos and what i've practiced from Bridgeman, critiques are welcome :)

Heya! Skull studies from reference, constructive critiques please :3

I would say the forehead is still to angle back in the side view take a angle measurer and check the angle of it almost 90 angle.Also on the side view you can see that the cranium is resemble almost like a squash egg it flat at the top and rounded at the back.Be careful when you draw in 3/4 view check the negative space around the shape for more accuracy.But more then anything put a middle line for the face to help the construction and proportion of the feature of the face.

Here some additional resource since i know most of the newer artist are in terrible need of quality resource also try to visit the resource section of the forum for ton of good place to visit.

For those foot i would advice you research how comic artist do there cross hatching or try to study master of the renaissance this will help you translate the form of the foot in a more effective manner.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(12-21-2018, 11:50 AM)darktiste Wrote: I would say the forehead is still to angle back in the side view take a angle measurer and check the angle of it almost 90 angle.Also on the side view you can see that the cranium is resemble almost like a squash egg it flat at the top and rounded at the back.Be careful when you draw in 3/4 view check the negative space around the shape for more accuracy.But more then anything put a middle line for the face to help the construction and proportion of the feature of the face.

Here some additional resource since i know most of the newer artist are in terrible need of quality resource also try to visit the resource section of the forum for ton of good place to visit.

For those foot i would advice you research how comic artist do there cross hatching or try to study master of the renaissance this will help you translate the form of the foot in a more effective manner.

Wow, valuable informations, ill try more! :D
Skull and human pose studies from references i've done now:

More poses done today from references:

Started my studies of Loomis book:

Some quickly studies from Loomis:

Wink 
Happy Holidays my friends! In love  Some studies based on Loomis book:

Loomis studies, i need to practice alot!  Mean smile

Heya! I'm back, i've lost my PC and finally get a new one! Here's some studies of Leyendecker's artwork:

Wink 
Weekly studies :D

Great stuff keep doing what you're doing.... One thing on your female portraits try and make transition between planes softer so its not getting that male hard edga look
(01-14-2019, 04:29 AM)slash razor Wrote: Great stuff keep doing what you're doing....  One thing on your female portraits try and make transition between planes softer so its not getting that male hard edga look

Ty very much! I'll do this
A self portrait for fun

Do you tend to zoom out and paint?Do you ever use smudge tool or flow?

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-15-2019, 12:20 PM)darktiste Wrote: Do you tend to zoom out and paint?Do you ever use smudge tool or flow?

I paint on a 25-33% of zoom when i didnt want to render alot, and just use the brush to mix colors.