Lunatique's Sketchbook
(04-08-2024, 07:41 PM)Damien Levs Wrote: 1 hour is crazy. I've pretty much only got a line drawing down in that time.

BTW, you want to see what a master can do in an hour, and painted from life?

That is Richard Schmid's portrait, done in an hour. It was for a painting demonstration DVD with an audience. If you look at the timestap in the video, he finishes around 70 minutes, but during the painting process he often stopped to explain things to the audience, so it was more like an hour exactly.

You can buy the video here: https://www.richardschmid.com/Articles.asp?ID=332 I highly recommend it to anyone who is even remotely interested in art, because seeing this master at work is one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed.
Your artwork from your teenage years still holds up incredibly well, incredible to see the quality of work you have produced then, and you've only improved since.

Your two current WIP look great so far, nice colors on the first one and great brushwork and texture work on them both. Looking forward to more progress, keep it up!

Thanks!

Here's the finished version of that WIP I posted before.

[Image: 9CdjFAR.jpeg]
[Image: Ygqa2r2.jpeg]
^^ The arm/hands gesture is beautiful. Along with the color, it's pleasing to look at!

Really great recent hand gesture piece! Your skills are very admirable. It is really amazing how you go from the rough sketch to the finished product looking the way it does. Great and masterful work indeed and thank you for sharing the process pictures as always, they are very inspiring.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun