A Question to Digital Painters
Hey everyone Corpse here asking a couple questions. I am used to do doing digital art with a mouse as for the last 7 months since I started drawing. I am getting a tablet (Intuos5 Small) very soon and really wanted to go into digital painting, I would like to know where I should start to improve on these things and what I should practice? I really would love to become a conceptual artist or even video game designer as a career choice.

I understand that I wont become a professional artist over night and it will take a long time to reach the goal I truly want to achieve. So any assistance on where to start on this and tips, also programs recommended to do this would be truly appreciated. I hope to get excellent feedback from you guys to better help pursue my goal.
If you're starting, the most important thing is to gain as much understanding of visual aspects of the world as you can. This means you should analyze shape, values, light, color, perspective, texture and material of anything that you're seeing. You need to understand how it works.

At the same time gain some knowledge on composition, study some good paintings and photos. Especially if you want to design worlds for games.

If you're guning for character design, then you need to be very proficient with drawing poses (study human and animal anatomy) and have a good visual library of clothing and armour.

As for vehicles and architecture, the most crucial thing is perspective (however perspective is needed in every type of design, wheather it's a character or a landscape).

Good luck

(11-01-2012, 05:25 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: If you're starting, the most important thing is to gain as much understanding of visual aspects of the world as you can. This means you should analyze shape, values, light, color, perspective, texture and material of anything that you're seeing. You need to understand how it works.

At the same time gain some knowledge on composition, study some good paintings and photos. Especially if you want to design worlds for games.

If you're guning for character design, then you need to be very proficient with drawing poses (study human and animal anatomy) and have a good visual library of clothing and armour.

As for vehicles and architecture, the most crucial thing is perspective (however perspective is needed in every type of design, wheather it's a character or a landscape).

Good luck

Thanks for the advice Ill make sure to study these areas :D