Sula's Sketchbook
"So happy to meet you."
@Pearwood: such a charming fellow, heheh xD

Here, first round of thumbs! Going for King Dodongo this time, second boss in ocarina of time. And ugh, I just had this NICE idea, but its time for bed, so more thumbnails only tomorrow.

[Image: King-Dodongo-Thumbs-01.jpg]

Today's. Gonna try and squeeze some more thumbs too.

[Image: Photo-study-20.jpg]

Nice work with tricky gradients.
@Pearwood: Thanks :D It was surprisingly tricky to do, and the more I look at it, the more stuff to fix I find.. meh. Gotta try again tomorrow.

For now, today's rather small batch of thumbs. Better ideas starting to form, nothing final yet.
[Image: King-Dodongo-Thumbs-02.jpg]

You're line work is just stunningly beautiful. I mean everything you do is amazing but your lines. So clean so sharp, so much character! I love it!

@Tyler: thanks man! I miss my pencils, but time is short! Hopefully during the weekend I will have some quality time with them... just to discover I am rusty as hell lol

Anyway.
Today's.
[Image: Photo-study-21.jpg]

Today's. Damn grays making me run for my money.

[Image: Photo-study-22.jpg]

Great studies!
A little tip I've learned the hard way, when you're doing swords, especially from up close, draw a straight right through the middle (I use the Line Tool) to be sure it is not crooked. In your study the handle is a bit off. It is very hard to get it right without this and even when you think you do the eye fools you most of the time.

@Amircea: hey, thanks for that :D Very simple yet effective tip. D'oh! I feel dumb for not thinking about that before :) Here, tried it on today's study:

[Image: Photo-study-23.jpg]

Ah, Narsil. Well done.
@Pearwood: wha, you know Lord of the Rings? You sir, win the internet <3 Thanks for the comment :D

Today's!
[Image: Photo-study-24.jpg]

Today's.
Holy shit this one was a wreck. I should have though of this as layered, going from big brushes to smaller ones - instead I just tried to squint and get the general color areas and then refine. DIDNT WORK, will have to do this one again.

[Image: Photo-study-25.jpg]

Trying something different for today's color study.
Also, couple of thumbs from yesterday. I feel I am starting to go in the right direction :D

[Image: King-Dodongo-Thumbs-03.jpg]

[Image: Photo-study-26.jpg]

The Lion King! :D
I'm still really in love with your work! Keep it up!

Hey hey, lots of good stuff happening as usual in your sketchbook. Always great to see :D

The new zelda thumbs look promising too, i look forward to seeing them progress. You ever seen Jasper Sander's zelda boss pieces? There prity insane.

These are looking sweet Ursula! Great to see you doing some environment studies :) I just started doing that stuff for the first time today - a little plein air by looking out of the window too and it's waaay more fun that I ever thought haha!

@Luloana: Yay! :D I love Disney. I plan to through some Disney and Pixar on the menu from now on. They have awesome palettes and compositions! And thank you <3
@Warburton: Thanks man! And actually no, let me check for them! And haha let's see if I can keep it up!
@Lungcell: thanks man! And yup, enviros from now on, lots of them! Let's see how this goes. And I never did a plen air :O Need to look into that!

Today's, after Kekai. Daaang I need to use textured brushes for this guy. Love his palette :)
And last round of thumbs. Ill try refining some, if it doesnt work out, back to thumbs hehe.

[Image: King-Dodongo-Thumbs-04.jpg]

[Image: Photo-study-27.jpg]

Today's.

[Image: Photo-study-28.jpg]

Today's.

[Image: Photo-study-29.jpg]