J. Sketchbook
Hey everybody, I'm pretty new at art (specific digital painting and drawing) and I want to share you my journey through my work.

I hope you enjoy and feel free to comment.

Regards Jhonny

Attached Files Image(s)

quick study, first time i paint water, not gonna try to get this 100% finished, rather do quick studies ^^

Attached Files Image(s)

keep working on those values, try to make everything shadow or light, otherwise your lightning will be boring and your colors muddy.
Also, never use pure black when doing shadows.
But some pieces have a nice composition, just keep practicing! :)

I second Eduardo's comment. The problem with some of those is that something in the light is darker than something in the shadow or vice versa (example: the ground and the shadow side of the building in the second one). Try to make colour secondary to value, maybe painting with overlay and color layers over greyscale if you aren't doing that already.
Keep it up, it's already a very good start.
here's a spikey mountain speedpaint 45 min

Attached Files Image(s)

been a while I've painted, so let's get back into it

Attached Files Image(s)

not able to practise much lately, so I'll try to recover the practise... here's one to start with it

Attached Files Image(s)

These are nice! Do you own a sketchbook and if so, have you attempted any studies? (Loomis, Bridgman, studies from life, etc.)

(04-10-2013, 03:02 AM)Mannyhaatz Wrote: These are nice! Do you own a sketchbook and if so, have you attempted any studies? (Loomis, Bridgman, studies from life, etc.)

Hey, yes I do, I'm working on anatomy with loomis and some websites containing poses, environments I just look around and out of visual library try putting paints together. I mostly look at my work, compare, see what's wrong try to fix bit by bit in a new paint. My fully progress is accually available on this one (sorry for the haters, started out here.)

http://www.conceptart.org/showthread.php...WRL-Vd8OZo

forgot about this one, did this while ago (about 2-3 months)

Attached Files Image(s)

45 min speedpaint

Attached Files Image(s)

1h speedpaint

Attached Files Image(s)

this one took a while but had much fun with it

Attached Files Image(s)

did this till certain level, now back to basics

Attached Files Image(s)

I'd suggest you to work on your human and/or animal anatomy to help compliment your environments.Keep in mind the 1-2-3 rule and how hues and saturation work in an environment and how the colors relate to one another. Nice start , keep pushing.

(05-25-2013, 06:10 AM)Rindoukan Wrote: I'd suggest you to work on your human and/or animal anatomy to help compliment your environments.Keep in mind the 1-2-3 rule and how hues and saturation work in an environment and how the colors relate to one another. Nice start , keep pushing.

thank you, I'll start on figures now, focused on environments only so far, now time to learn more about other things so I can learn combining them and push every issue in my skills after that :)
tnx for the feedback
some nostalgia, my girlfriend and I love spyro the dragon. So here he is, really fun doing this.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice start man, theres already been some super solid advice given I think you should focus on like values, hues and saturation as well as construction and anatomy. But that all comes with the journey, at some point it just happens or it doesn't. Regardless, I just wanted to say you have solid imagination and these environments have some really cool things going on. Just keep pushing yourself to develop an understanding of what can make them better. I recommend Drawing Scenery by Jack Hamm as well as some lighting and color research. But just keep applying yourself, keep grinding!
(05-30-2013, 05:39 AM)I STRaY I Wrote: Nice start man, theres already been some super solid advice given I think you should focus on like values, hues and saturation as well as construction and anatomy. But that all comes with the journey, at some point it just happens or it doesn't. Regardless, I just wanted to say you have solid imagination and these environments have some really cool things going on. Just keep pushing yourself to develop an understanding of what can make them better. I recommend Drawing Scenery by Jack Hamm as well as some lighting and color research. But just keep applying yourself, keep grinding!

great advice (like everybody ofcourse) I will look it up for sure! thank you! I now start with characters and stuff like that so I can focus on anatomy, proportions ... between those studies I will do some rush envi's to look up color, composition so I improve those aswell while practising the new things.
Thank you
my very first creature design, from now on will be making lots of them

Attached Files Image(s)

something, something, holy water
something for today

Attached Files Image(s)