Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
Thanks Phil! Not so much control, more like banging my head against a wall repeatedly

Lyraina - Thanks :) That guy's feeling beautiful and no one's gonna bring him down

Got inspired by Madzia's schedule so I'm going to cook one up tomorrow morning, been feeling a little aimless these days which is never good. Also found Jaime Jones's old CA sketchbook for inspiration (it's so beautifulllll): http://www.conceptart.org/forums/create-...?highlight=

enviro thing
[Image: avooInd.jpg]

Loving this stuff as always man, specially this last enviro.
Also, congrats on the Crimson arena! totally deserved, i though you were going to win, i wasnt wrong. xD

Thanks Eduardo! Can't wait for the next one :)

various studies
[Image: IBd1C0q.jpg]
[Image: gFx2jTo.jpg]
[Image: 10IoOfQ.jpg]

new schedule - this week will be a trial run
[Image: rjlkaJ4.jpg]

another portrait study - that guy from drive
[Image: d1mxxSW.jpg]

Your scheduling is awesome... but remember to take a break every 15 minutes or so.

Drawing all day can give you some serious injuries!

That being said... your portraits lately have been SPOT ON!

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY
There is usually more on my blog...

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
matkaminski - Most defiitely! Always important to take those little breaks :) I had to force myself to go on my scheduled walk today, and it felt good! Go outside ya'lll

Schedule was, for the most part, successful today woooo

[Image: zRfybIL.jpg]
[Image: G5SVDlf.jpg]
[Image: UVDi633.jpg]
[Image: IVxARdf.jpg]
[Image: UaaCWdh.jpg]
Tried the Miles thing, turning Brendan Gleeson into Brenda Gleeson
[Image: n45xolN.jpg]

Gotta love a bit of Ryan Gosling.

Haha, just been reading that IFX tutorial too, not attempted it yet though. You crushed it :) So weird looking between the two and spotting the subtle similarities lol. Looks great. Keep it coming man :)

Edit: Holy shit just saw that Mulan paint over. Got such a soft spot for that film lol. Love it!

Thanks man! That ref exercise is pretty fun and definitely challenging, give it a try! And yes, I love Mulan :)

[Image: LNFKcwi.jpg]
[Image: jPg3GOF.jpg]
[Image: VlUaspL.jpg]
[Image: jR9dkRH.jpg]
[Image: enkSbfT.jpg]

[Image: qZJSQR6.jpg]

Ended up skipping the plein air today, the glare on my screen was insane. Got to build myself a shade box

[Image: 6gkXOBd.jpg]
[Image: arztbhH.jpg]
[Image: wQvNMJu.jpg]
[Image: e3ZmnS7.jpg]
[Image: dlwfkfe.jpg]
[Image: W8or5dm.jpg]

Damn, the ammount of work every day, so fucking awesome.

Thanks rafa <3

Man, I fell behind a little bit today. Got carried away adding razzmatazz to yesterday's enviro

[Image: mK0z9WN.jpg]
[Image: EeublrQ.jpg]
[Image: VqoqYvc.jpg]
[Image: MamFibX.jpg]
[Image: apoiNOW.jpg]

This page made me cry a little. Man, there's been such a big change in pace and variety. You're stuff is already looking better it seems by just changing things up a bit. :]]

I like that "being a human" is apart of your weekly schedule. In fact I think it's probably the best thing we can do, it's hard not to become a hermit. Seeing your schedule makes me a bit curious. . .

If you don't mind me asking, what is it you do when you're not arting? Are you in school, or at work, or just have a lot of extra spare time? I'd be interested in knowing how you fit your painting schedule around stuff like that.

Thanks man, it feels productive, but I have a few things to adjust to make it totally effective I think. But that's the tricky part about schedules, it's hard to get that good balance going. I'm full time arting these days, so this is pretty much all I've got over the course of a normal day. But I'm in need of a job soon so again, my schedule might have to change depending on what I get lol.

[Image: n0x1xvM.jpg]
[Image: r5ZfCv6.jpg]
[Image: VowShEE.jpg]
[Image: MD4DzfC.jpg]

man! You are killing it with these updates! Congrats on the Arena. It looks amazing. Are you entering the next one as well?

In your last entry, the anatomy study. I don't think you would consider that area a flat of the torso (the note on the left hand side) where you are pointiung to is the sacrospinalis which is stretched on the left (making it flatter but still has form to it) and on the right, because it is compressed it will be a tubular form. Your skin colours are amazing though!

Thanks Jaik! For sure man, I'm brainstorming what kind of character I want to do. This one is going to be really fun and Anna is amazing, so it would be cool to get a crit from her. You going to do one too?
I was referring to the part of the rib cage (to the left of the sacrospinalis) that's sorta a step down from the tubular form of the sacrospinalis. I think they might actually be the latissimus dorsi, but I'm really not sure...just my own crazy person notes talkin to myself :) Super appreciate the correction though, thanks for looking out.

Some poop for today. Still need to make that shade box so plein airs will have to wait until next week. I also have some ideas for how to revise my schedule, so I will probably rewrite it tomorrow...

[Image: X92UdW7.jpg]
[Image: 6vuzbej.jpg]
[Image: IUoNuHm.jpg]
[Image: Dbpwjg9.jpg]

Hey man, cool stuff as always! I was wondering around how long your color studies in your last 2 posts took to do. I want to do some quick ones and was wondering around how long I should be aiming for for that quality as some kind of yardstick. Thanks!

I think they were about 30 min, just quick and messy stuff :)

bleh sketch
[Image: cvjS8q5.jpg]

Holy shit you are killing it!

Don't stop!
This might sound kind of dumb, but...

Consider a job like this:
You have three tiers of jobs.

A) Your dream job.
When you get this, ultimately you shouldn't have to work as hard besides just personal growth.
I still think this is an unattainable goal, because let's face it, once you get to this tier, you'll grow onto another job, but this is just to have a clear goal in mind.
Like for example, one of mine would be to get into the Spectrum magazine, or be able to work on the badassness that is SIXMOREVODKA or Massive Black.
Possibly unattainable, but it's important to have a clear goal in mind.

B) A job that is within the field you want.
This can be many things.
Like, for example, being an artist, you could potentially consider working at an art supply store within this tier.
As long as it (even vaguely) relates to where you want to end up, you could consider this.
In this job tier, you should be working to get towards tier 1.

C) Any other job.
I think that when you are in this tier you should be busting your ass (like you currently are) to get to at least tier 2 (of course ultimately you want to push to tier 1, but it makes it easier to do this in steps).

I got this advice recently from an industry pro and thought I would share it with you since you are feeling the crux of job searching.
Good luck and with this kind of work ethic, I don't really think you'll need it.

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Dude! Thanks for taking the time to put all that in perspective. Definitely going to have to start with tier 2 and push my way up there...Thanks for sharing, that sorta structure is something all of us should be aware of

[Image: q9fdvZN.jpg]
[Image: S4wBLqU.jpg]
[Image: sSfzxFR.jpg]
[Image: R3tjcgL.jpg]
WIP character - not sure about the design yet, just ideation
[Image: 8dA6Ffa.jpg]
new schedule starting tmw:
[Image: lcfxO3T.jpg]

Once summer starts... I swear I'm going to jump in at least a few days a week with you.
Damn you school!
You're holding me back atm :P

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!