Sverks Sketchbook
Hey! Really nice works on these last few updates. I really like the dragons, those values are looking nice. Great job on those enviros as well, great mood and color, definitely.

some mechs
[Image: HVVPDVC.png]

[Image: iAgFhTX.png]

[Image: X85TXCI.png]

[Image: YNs3hGU.png]

Oh man....OH MAN!! I'm LOVING your stuff, really , you have an incredible edge/value/design/sense of shape!! Really, it's all amazing, by far one of the best artists I've seen on the forum.

I have looked at the entire sketchbook because I was very impressed. I don't know if you want crits, but here are the few things I could come up with:

You seem to rely heavily on intuition, to create your paintings, and most of the time it pays off very nicely. I asume you're using a gesture approach to build your figures and get a sense of what you're gonna do. But sometimes , specially with color, you lose the confidence. When you're working on monochrome or few colors you still manage, but when you have to include more hue variation your brush control starts to fail, and same goes for your values (I'm specially refering to the imagination portraits you showed, lines first and then colored).

I'm not even close to be as good as you , but here is what I think would help you improve this:

A) Start studying color theory, and painting with color, trying to mantain your edge and value control, be confident, and don't be disoriented if you don't know what colors to include.

B) Try to study what colors are more prominent in other painters that you like by color picking and analizing the properties of what they're using ( for example: what level of saturation and in what part of the color bar/wheel are most of the tones in the painting?). From there, try to apply the same color palettes into a painting of your own, and always keep in mind your values/ edge control and the colors you have sampled.

Doing this for a while should fix the only weakness I see in your art. Also some basic theory on saturation and hue will help.

I'm doing this myself and it's helping me a lot, although it takes a lot of practice. Overall, I really admire your work, I think that you have 9'5/10 in tecnique and 8'5/10 in design/composition, really great man. I'm looking forward to see what's next!

SB
Archreux: thanks!

Suira: thanks for the feedback dude, was a long time somebody took a good look at my paintings & sketches, and your analysis is pretty straight forward, I like it xD, will take your advice, color has always been confusing perhaps this will help.

Glad it helped mate. Can't wait to see what's next! It's gonna be awesome :)

SB
more & more Greyscales xD

[Image: 687kfSM.png][Image: W0pRi6A.png][Image: ypltLpv.png]

A CoLab with my buddy "Bag"
Link to his Sketchbook xD: Bags Sketchbook

[Image: D7Dk9Fz.png]

Another greyscale

[Image: wacR4oD.png]

Played metal slug a lot lately.

[Image: Dqz3T4y.png]

[Image: LU8rBhz.png]

Tool: ballpoint pen
[Image: xVMDWkh.png]

Tool: ballpoint pen
[Image: 7E9bk24.png]

Thumbs Up 
This painting got to Monochrome & boring.
maybe give it another try in the future :).

[Image: ofxJSZV.png]

Looks cool to me man, just need some more gradients and an overlay layer to add some hue variation and you got it :)

SB
Found some old paintings xD

[Image: 3VitQ4X.png][Image: 5OTmuC9.png]

[Image: fo52oPA.png][Image: UnFL4IW.png]
[Image: NGR1n2Q.png][Image: Jfp3oFy.png]

Some scraps
[Image: abAUm1m.png] [Image: Bo18d8H.png]

[Image: ECTyES8.png]

[Image: yW47bYK.png]

Love those helmet designs Awesome value control.

Last environment lacks points of interest, foreground background middle ground value separation. I would suggest to look for some tuts on environment.