Skwall's Sketchbook
So here we go, I'l try to update everyday if not every other day.

Sorry for the crappy quality of scans, my sketchbook is A3 and scanner is A4 >.>

x]

Double post today because this is all stuff I've done over the last week or so =)

Worked on this most of today. Went out of my comfort zone completely and did an enviroment screen capture study from A.I.

Now I'm off to faceplant my pillow x]

Nice work on the screen capture study, You did really good for being out of your comfort zone.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

(06-03-2012, 09:43 AM)Jonesoda Wrote: Nice work on the screen capture study, You did really good for being out of your comfort zone.

Thanks Jonesoda,
I really need to keep doing that, reaching out to do things I either don't like doing/haven't done before or am not comfortable with =)
So I actually did these yesterday but was too tired to post before bed.

30- 60 second gestures, first time doing these.

some sketches from the hand reference pictures I took, didn't finish these.

Currently have 2 studies on the go, though I need to go back to paper for more of this anatomy stuff.

Will do some paper sketches tomorrow and scan.X_x

So I have been doing things I just haven't been able to finish them.
I have 2 studies on the go + the blood sports.

Here is one of the studies I am doing, no where near finished >.>

Lots of bloodsports sketches/studies to come + anatomy.

Hi Stacey,

nice sketchbook, i really like those studies.

good luck with the bloodsports challange,

Cheers,
Flo

Please help me getting better by checking out my sketchbook

HOMEPAGE http://floart.weebly.com
Awesome stuff so far :) Master studies are always take so much longer and have so much more work than i expect, dont know if you feel the same.
Excited to see the bloodsports stuff :)

(06-08-2012, 06:07 PM)Flo Wrote: Hi Stacey,

nice sketchbook, i really like those studies.

good luck with the bloodsports challange,

Cheers,
Flo

Hey Flo =) Thanks for dropping by, are you taking part in this bloodsport?

(06-10-2012, 08:43 AM)Jaik Wrote: Awesome stuff so far :) Master studies are always take so much longer and have so much more work than i expect, dont know if you feel the same.
Excited to see the bloodsports stuff :)

Thanks Jaik =) I definitely do feel the same, It's taking me quite a while on top of everything else I'm doing. Really want to get it finished >.<

Nice work in your sketchbook, your master's study is coming along well a,d very impressed by your film capture study, good job on that one! Keep up the hard work.

Here are some of my bloodsports studies/sketches.
They looked a lot more as separate files but I wanted it to look neat so I bunched them together.

I know the challenge was for the lables but I ended up doing quite a few bottle studies as I never realised how awful I was at glass+bottles etc. So I learnt a lot doing these.

And this is the first piece I'm doing with my new cintiq, still getting used to it and this is still a WIP. Wanted to try and turn the B&W pic to colour.

and finally a sketch I did today. I'm pretty sick though today so no anatomy or studies. Going to head to bed and sleep it off.

(06-11-2012, 02:10 AM)JonHop Wrote: Nice work in your sketchbook, your master's study is coming along well a,d very impressed by your film capture study, good job on that one! Keep up the hard work.

THanks Jon =)I need to find time to finish that ! thanks for the encouragement =)
Just posting up the last of the bloodsports stuff,

Excellent work on the blood sports beer label!! Love the different ones for the different clans

I love the Game of Thrones theme, it's awesome! I can't wait to do some pieces based on it, I feel like it inspires me more than just studies :)
(06-15-2012, 08:18 PM)JonHop Wrote: Excellent work on the blood sports beer label!! Love the different ones for the different clans

Thanks Jon!!! :) I would of liked to have done them all, maybe I will go back some time and add to it.
(06-19-2012, 07:05 AM)McarterDesign Wrote: I love the Game of Thrones theme, it's awesome! I can't wait to do some pieces based on it, I feel like it inspires me more than just studies :)

Thanks Mcarter :) As you can probably tell I'm a bit obsessed >.> lol but basing studies on something you enjoy/like or inspired by really helps and keeps it fun so go for it.
Lacking in posts a bit this week which is bad. I've been working on some things here and there but not enough actual study not enough learning new things.

Unfortunately I have a type of chronic hayfever (though it's not really hayfever they don't know what it is) that has hit me twice in the space of a week rendering me useless.

I'm back on my feet today and working on a casual commission for a friend and hopefully back to studying >.>

This was from a pencil sketch I did laying in bed as I felt my brains were leaking out my ears now trying to paint it.

speed paint from one of bazar's group sessions.

WIP

Those glass renders are pretty cool, were you going for a slightly opaque / slightly rough look to the glass? Would've maybe expected some more reflections on smooth glass.

Damm love that Game of Thrones beer. Can't decide wich one i like the most!

Amazed, this is awesome, great work. Im with BrotherOstavia, cant decide which beer is best :P

Finally back after a nasty case of flu, neglected this sketchbook for too long.-.-

Back to work.

something light to get me started again.

Exercise in using no line art just blocking in the tones.

A quick paint of Dru from one of my favourite book series.

i love the surreal aspect to your sketches and your bottle designs are gorgeous~
i can't wait to see your progress!