Sula's Sketchbook
@Pnate: Thank you! And you know, you're right. I just need to take your advice to heart and do want I want, even if it sucks at the start :)

@ShinOkami: :hug: Thank you! I'll keep fighting!

@Jaik: Haha that was THE best metaphor, and yes, it's exactly how it feels like. Also, yes, all adults *nods* hahah! Thanks a lot man.

@Brainhermelijn: hey, thank you :D Will do!

Here is it after a polishing pass. It... looks better.
I think.

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-83a.jpg]

looks really great ! ;O keep pushing

@Nimao: thanks man <3

If I left it uncheck, I get weird anime stuff
Going back to more formal studies soon. Also, Anthony Jone's videos and tools on gumroad are great.

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-84.jpg]

First time I've stopped by here in a while. Stuff's looking great.

I wouldn't worry about style issues. I've always thought of style as something that happens organically. Like it's the things that interest you affecting your subconscious to naturally develop the style you draw and paint in.

(Must be a pain with all the world cup stuff going on where you are.)

Quote:If I left it uncheck, I get weird anime stuff

ah yes, succumb to teh dark side

Keep calm and get in the robot

My sketchbook
@Craig paton: Thanks man :) It's not so much about style - but about feeling at least a bit satisfied when I finish something. I also think style happens, much like hand writing, you know? But it's time to shake my workflow a bit and see what happens. Out with the old.

@Doolio: haha I blame this on you

Letting out steam before I throw someone out of a window
Lots of tutorials from Anthony Jones and James Zapata later. I like a lot of the suggest ways of working. Need to test more :)

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-85.jpg]

that painting is looking really badass sula not gonna lie; it lights up my dark living room like one of those corny space wallpapers from those HD sites. Just really pleasing to the eye i like this direction; please keep going on this one!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
@Fedodika: and hahaha I was totally watching cosmos while doing that one!

And right after, Sketch Dailies on twitter called for a Sailor Moon theme.
So have another sketch

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-86.jpg]

Hm... where I come from work colleagues are never expected or should be friends. In fact, I have problems when colleagues are too friendly with me. Result of unpleasant past experience begetting wrong lessons. This could be another eye-opening culture difference.

There's no "should" in getting a hobby, or it'll turn into a chore, a job! Whatever it is that pleases you, makes you relaxed, is it. If it's spending yet more hours sitting in front of the computer watching dolphin-saving documentaries, go for it, until you can find something else you like that's physically healthier.

Are you also doing the whole set of SM girls(and the ?girl?)?

Focus.
Quote:@Doolio: haha I blame this on you
You spelled "thank" wrong:D

That first sm sketch is wonderful. I like your "simple fundamentals" approach with clean masses.

Keep calm and get in the robot

My sketchbook
@Meat: really? That is.. different indeed. And uhm, well, not sure! Not diving into anything long term right now. Just trying to enjoy painting again.

@Doolie: hahah indeed <3 Thank you!

Here is something weird:
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-87.jpg]

Fantastic Work! I'll be watching. haha

Help me learn, dude! My Sketchbook
Only weird thing is this wax running down from her eyes xD beside that it's really cool creepy mood :)

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReally liking that something weird, really giving a chill ! xD

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
AWESOIME HUNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
i love the mood you create in you paintings! <3!!

Holy shiiiiiiiieeeet.... Someone's been absolutely killing it in the time being!!!!
Producing golden nuggets of glory O_O

Just... Awesome Sula, keep it up, keep having fun!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
@Paca: thank you <3
@Madzia: hehe can't argue with nightmares :) I have this recurring one where my eyeballs are melting off my skull and I can't do anything to keep them in... now you know where the inspiration came from hehe
@Shin: yay! Thank you :)
@Fedodika: hehe <3
@Marty: Thank you <3
@Smrrfette: haha <3 Thank you! I need to step up to keep up with ya!

I am going to confess I almost didn't post this last one (the eyeball melting one). It was a good surprise I could get a reaction off people <3 Thanks for cheering me up, guys.
So I was supposed to work on one more page, but screw it, it's satuday (now it's Sunday 9AM, I know, whatever)

Have an overworked sketch (How to train your succubus haha)
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-88.jpg]

Monkeybread suggested I painted my characters doing mundane things. I had this idea before, actually, I just don't know how to bind them into a "project". The whole portfolio thing I had planned was based off this scenes with my characters; I just had no idea how to bind them together, and I don't think I'm good enough to write the damn story down.

Also, it would be weird and NSFW in many levels hahah
I am already regretting not having planned properly for this; Not reference, nor thumbs, no color study... I like the scene, I should have prepared properly... but I need to finish freelance 1st or I'd misplace my time.
Heck.
Why does that sounds like an excuse?

GIVE US THAT NSFW OR RIOT!

(awesome stuff lately :) !)

ahh sula i love this one a ton, mundane and NSFW is very refreshing compared to the hexagon infested sci fi dudes i see each day. we all need to do our raupture for alex eventually, i say go for it!